The Netherlands

Dutchy

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 19, 2008
The Netherlands
Hi to all, my name is Dave and I am very new to all this and please expect a few very silly questions in the coming weeks and months....

I am an English guy living in Holland and looking forward to getting my chickens soon...nothing too much about 3 birds....am thinking a Black Sussex, White Susssex and a ISA Brown...3 birds should keep the g/f and I in eggs and be fairly manageable

OK for now

Dave.

Last edited:
Hi Dutchy
I'm in the UK.
I have 2 warren hens and got 23 eggs in January and 28 in Frbruary, most of them laid by one hen. So far this month I have had 20 eggs. Each hen has laid half.
Enjoy your hens.

frow.gif
Welcome to BYC!! You'll meet a lot of good people.

Oh boy! Check out Brabanter colors for me! So far as I know there are only gold and cream in the US. The main club is Dutch. Send us some pics!

Welcome to the board! What part of the country are you in?

My dad moved to the US from the NL, and I still have family there. Haven't been there in many years, though.

Thanks for all the welcomes......

I am in Brabant if that brings any memories for you ....lovely place very much a country feel...used to be a city boy....

Thanks again for the welcomes.....

I started building my chicken run yesterday and we have had storms , snow, hail, rain for the past 24 hours ....wrecked all my work...not that I am that good at DIY anyhow
wink.png
....my run lays in tatters at the moment....

So I was going to buy my birds this saturday...but it'll have to wait a week or so now....

Cheers
Dave.

ps...will look out for those Dutch breeds...

Last edited:
Is DLHunicorn in Netherlands? She (Diana) is so helpful to us with health issues in our chickens. So knowledgeable.

Welcome to BYC! We hope you like it here.

Back
Top Bottom