The never ending joys of my sleeptalking/walking

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Mrs. Cannon, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Mrs. Cannon

Mrs. Cannon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Vandalia, IL
    It all started with cherries! When I was little I used to wake up and pick up cherries in my sleep, I even remember one time being half awake and seeing them! Bit then they'd disappear- always eluding capture, drat.

Then after the cherry phase, it was all about geese flying into pillows! After hearing stories from my mom I realized the geese flew into pillows because they didn't like me because I didn't smell like them![​IMG]. Poor geese! Why would they hurt themselves because I didn't smell like them? It sounds like my own personal problem to me:rolleyes:

Up until recently it has only been mild sleep talking such as " I'm putting on my seatbelt" or incoherant babbling. ( I have to laugh at myself).

BUT last night it happened, probably one of the most entertaining skits my mind has come up with, worst part is? I can hear myself talking but can't get myself to shut up [​IMG]

me: the peas are in the fridge

dh: what peas?

Me: the peas! Don't you know what peas are?! You know those little round green things you can smash!

Dh: *laughing* yea what about them

me: don't touch them, they're for the chickens!

So not only do we bot have peas in the fridge and I insisted they were there, but I also managed the poor DHs intelligence by telling him what peas are. I'm becoming evil in my sleep! My poor husband [​IMG]
    but wait! What about the chickens! I have no peas to give them:lol:

Dh: *laughing harder* ok

2. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Did you ever see the website for the Sleep Talking Man? There is some foul language so I won't post the link, but you can look it up in google. He can be really hilarious!

3. Mrs. Cannon

Apr 8, 2011
    Vandalia, IL
    I must go check that out! Thank you

4. equine623

equine623 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    NE PA
    Last night my 6 yr old DD was in the throes of that not quite awake stage and she wailed to my DH "but I don't wanna be a shark"

Then this morning she indignantly denied saying it...of course she doesn't remember [​IMG] But we do!

5. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    LOL! I talk in my sleep too!

Of course it could be worse. I sleep with my eyes open. Yes, open. [​IMG] As in, you walk in and look at me and I appear awake. My room is always in my peripheral dreams. About 2 weeks ago I woke my hubby up insisting the ceiling was caving in......... yeah, the ceiling fan was on and it appeared that the ceiling was moving..... ever since then I've gotten the sleep mask thing, and I actually stopped dreaming about my artwork, TV, walls, ceiling fan and clothes. [​IMG]

6. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    I used to think I had to solve a math problem whe someone woke me up as a kid. I remember desperately counting on my fingers. I never seemed to be able to get the answer. Now, no one can rattle a door knob when I'm sleeping. I tend jump straight out of bed and charge whatever "intruder" happens to be around. I've been told I use some colorful language in the process too. [​IMG] I wake up on my feet with only a vague memory of what happened.

My younger daughter has always had night terrors. She has improved as she has gotten older but she still says some strange things. I once responded to my older DD's screams to find the little one, still asleep, on top of her saying, "I told you not to do it! Now were in trouble!" (They had drawn on their closet wall that day.). They were around 6 and 3 at the time.

7. Mrs. Cannon

Apr 8, 2011
    Vandalia, IL
    Quote:Haha![​IMG]. That's so funny!

8. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    I remember when my son was about 6 or so... my hubby and I were in the living room watching TV one night. Out of the corner of my eye, I see our son go running into the kitchen behind me. I look at my hubby and we were like... huh?... Then we saw the refrigerator light go on... and I yelled for my hubby to go get him FAST... I had a bad feeling...

When hubby got to him, his tidy-whities were around his ankles and he was ready to let loose all over my vegetables! When we finally woke him up... my hubby was like... "so tell me... when was the last time you lifted the toilet lid and the light went on?"

We will never let him live that one down.

D

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  9. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    My DH is the consumate sleep talker... and the tales he tells, sometimes it goes on for better than 1/2 an hour!

The best story ever started when I threw the covers off because I was hot, instantly it set him to talking...

"You know, those female ants are pretty smart, they dig tunnels so they don't get hot, they get a nice breeze."

Silence for several long seconds (time enough for me to dash out and grab pencil and paper)

"If it says 'Ant made' you can eat it."

A brief silence puncuates each utterance...

"I don't know if we can sell ants at the flea market, I'll have to check on that."

"Beeep.... beeep.....beeep....beeep, anybody back there?"

by this time I am laughing so hard I am crying and can't see to write anymore, but it continued on about ants for another 20 minutes or so.

I actually woke him up laughing one night and he joined in the laughter then asked why we were laughing. I was struggling with the blankets and he reached over and covered me up then said " There honey, how's that?" I said "Great, thanks." His reply, "See I know what you need, that and rough and tumble cowboy clothes." HUH? [​IMG]

The worst though are the nights he starts asking silly questions and will literally shake me awake to get answers, and of course he never remembers any of it!!

10. chickenboots

chickenboots Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2010
    fl
    We were camping one night with some friends and her 11 year old daughter comes storming out of the camper. We all just looked at each other assuming we knew what was wrong. She has a 10 year old sister who she constantly fights with. We just thought she was mad at her sister. Then we realized she was about to walk right into the lake. We took off after her. Wheh she half woke up she yelled at her dad "where's the camper?". Once fully awake and she realized we were all laughing at her hysterically she was so embarrassed/angry she screamed at the top of her lungs and ran back to the camper in the wrong direction.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by