The *NEW* all fowl egg chain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SoulCircusInc also problematic. June 7 will be 1 year since I accepted her eggs in a swap and also did a side swap. She got me for 2 sets of eggs. Has sent me multiple messages promising me she is sending them! I too have saved all messages. It is really sad, that their has to be a few bad apples that TRY to spoil the fun for all. Won't happen, I will still trade and enjoy doing so! Swap on honest peeps!

Last edited:
Ok well I just found this while cruising around and I just want to say I just made a huge COLOSSAL mistake, I had a swap-o-Rama night,not long ago and i did several swaps at once... Well of COURSE I ended up overlooking one of my obligations to send out eggs...grrr... Now this isn't something that happens. I have been late by a day or two or even later with emails clearly between people but never just not sent something....I felt horrible!! There is nothing I can do now but collect the best,freshest eggs maybe a few extra hens willing....and try not to do that ever again!...point is stuff happens but it's been a week not a year! I completely thought I had all of mine handled,so if the person hadn't pointed it out...nicely I might add...I would have never sent therm! I completely overlooked it!! ( I had another order of silkie eggs, I sent those I guess I just thought that was it) Unless I had reread the thread for some reason I just woulda never known. I'm collecting right now and will send mine out ASAP....tomorrow or Wednesday I'm hoping....( trying to get a double batch to say I'm sorry) :th

Let me ad that crazypetlady also was supposed to send me chicks two YEARS ago....I sent all mine to her and our side swaps and never got a thing from her...EVER. Very expensive ones too..jubilees and tolbunts! So I can understand the frustration and never want to do that to someone..especially some excited about my birds. J/s

What's so funny is that if you swap with someone they have your address..seems kinda silly to rip people off and tell them where you live. Anything could happen.

I know, I am tempted to send a letter to see if I get a response that way
What's so funny is that if you swap with someone they have your address..seems kinda silly to rip people off and tell them where you live. Anything could happen.

Let me start off by saying I am sorry. I have been crazy busy here and I haven't been able to get online to check this thread much this past week.

OK everyone, we are getting off track here. This is a swap thread and lets try to keep the chatting to a minimum, please.

I would like to see this thread remain open and calling people out on unsent swaps could be seen as flaming and can get us closed down.

I understand the frustrations with people who are not fulfilling their end of a swap but at the same time I have to ask everyone to please PM me or one of the others who agreed to help moderate this thread with issues from this swap only. I can not do anything about swaps from other threads or pages. I unfortunately cannot force them to send you what they owe but I can provide some incentive for them to take care of their end on this swap page. I will ban people who do not fill their swaps in a timely manner. We all understand things happen such as molting, broody hens, predator attacks, etc. If possible try to provide a second option such as a gift card to a agreed upon place or a GFM membership here. If the claimer agrees to continue waiting, then that is their choice and they should know what they may be getting into.

99% of the times things go smoothly and everyone gets the agreed upon swap within a couple weeks. Most get them the same week. You get one or two people who do not fill their end every once in a while. It happens with all swap threads, no matter where you go. I know of another swap still going elsewhere with many of the people who had many swaps left unfulfilled cause they have burned their bridges here and had gotten in over their heads. There is a reason for # of swaps limits and time restrictions on how long you can make the person wait that is claiming the eggs. If you do not think you can fill their order within a shadow of a doubt, don't offer that breed up or do not swap. If you do not think you will have the extra money to pay the shipping on the eggs you are sending out, then please again, do not swap. This saves everyone a lot of heartache and keeps them from feeling as if they did not get what was owed to them.

It is only fair to send what you agreed upon. You got eggs in the mail for free, now spend the few dollars it cost to ship the eggs out (trust me, I ship a ton and I know most boxes ship for less than $10, and rarely over $15). A lot of us only swap because we can not normally afford to buy some of the eggs that come across on this page. I know I have offered eggs that I normally sell for $10 an egg up here just because I wanted whatever the previous claimer had, whether they were equal value to my eggs or not.

Thank you everyone and keep offering up the awesome eggs that you have available so we can all get breeds we desire at less cost. Now let us get back to what we do best, and swap some eggs!!!

I think byc should have a thread pinned at the top of the auction board where people can politely name anyone who didn't honor a swap so we can all keep on top of who to ban from swaps and who to trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom