The new chicken gal in town

owenslx4

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 22, 2014
Hi I love this website and have used it for great information for past year. I have newly hatched chicks and one has a bad leg looks swollen even. Another has same problem only with both legs. Rest are healthy. Help! I don't know what could be wrong

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sorry about the problem you are having with your chicks. You might want to post in the Emergencies forum about them https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures Pictures might help figure out what is going on also, they are only a day or so old?... were they shipped or did you hatch them from eggs, were they hatched like that or were they normal and it has developed?

images

Welcome to BYC!

Kelsie X2 Pictures would help to see what is going on. Make sure they are not being trampled in the brooder and you have enough space. If they are cold and piling on each other, they can get hurt. So keep your heat up between 90 and 95 degrees. If they are actually splaying, legs out and can't stand, you might want to use some vet wrap and tape the legs together so they can stand and hobble around to strengthen the legs.

Include some pics here and or in the emergency section for help. Kelsie has left you with the link.

Keep us posted!

He came out this way never made it to the brooder had a horrible time pipping and never made it outta his shell without assistance it almost looks abcess or something but he can't walk at all

Back
Top Bottom