The new chicks are here.

RebeccaBoyd

Crossing the Road
5 Years
May 24, 2019
Eastern Kentucky
We went and picked up the new chicks yesterday. Initially went after the 6 black copper marans that are 3 weeks old today and come home with a extra chick. Its a 2 day old Lavender Ameracauna. Didn't plan on the little one but it was the only one to hatch out of 35 eggs he'd set in the incubator and needed a bit of tlc as it was born with curled toes. Going to splint its feet today so if anyone has any advice or videos of how to do that it would be much appreciated. It was not guaranteed to survive but we are going to try. The Marans are healthy little boogers and are thriving. To make it fair between me and the other person who won 6 chicks we each ended up with 3 for sure cockerels, 2 pullets and 1 that is questionable. I took a few pics this morning after i cleaned their temporary brooder. They are not the best but i didn't want to stress them out too much. Will get better ones this evening after my daughter is home from school and can hold them. So far 2 of the little cockerals are named George and Charlie and one of the pullets is Daisy. The little lavender chick my mom named Spacey.
DSCN0107.JPG

DSCN0098.JPG

DSCN0099.JPG

DSCN0103.JPG

DSCN0100.JPG

Back
Top Bottom