The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

celebrate.gif
I have found that long distance works just fine for hatching eggs!! Yeah!! 8 out of 8 is WONDERFULLLLLLLL

I would like to comment on he anti Alaska sentiment. Those of us haunting an Auction thread are CRAZY enough to have house chickens in diapers! The distance is not a problem. I just hatched 7 out of a dozen of Boggy Bottoms D'anvers. I have 8 of 8 turkeys from Mass developing. I have hatched a few 100 quail from LA. Thank You to everyone who includes us adventurers!
WAIT!? Who was Anti-Alaska?? I missed that.

I have had 100% hatches on eggs I sent to Alaska, more than once, ftr.

I feel that the distance the sender and the recipient are from major airports is incredibly important in most transactions, because nearly every package will be traveling by air. I will also assert that the WORST hatches of my eggs have been either IN MY STATE- because the whole trip was by truck- or someone who lived a distance from the airport in their region. It took Taz 3 days to get the eggs I sent her, and she only lives 3 hours away!!! Of 12, one hatched. Sooooo sad.

And, I do have pics of my Rocks, but I'm having issues getting them up...still trying!

I would like to comment on he anti Alaska sentiment. Those of us haunting an Auction thread are CRAZY enough to have house chickens in diapers! The distance is not a problem. I just hatched 7 out of a dozen of Boggy Bottoms D'anvers. I have 8 of 8 turkeys from Mass developing. I have hatched a few 100 quail from LA. Thank You to everyone who includes us adventurers!
I just confirmed a great hatch with my egg customer in Alaska... sent all the way from Cape Cod!

Quote:
What is a bbs rock?
Blue/Black/Splash Plymouth Rocks.

I found a pic of some of the hens in the pen, and I'll snap a pic of the rest tonight with the roo in there. He isn't barred, and the whole flock is Blue, so the possibilities are Blue, Black, and Splash.

These are a joint project between me and SparkyCrows, and you can see more about it on her facebook page...I'll see if I can nab the link.

Last edited:

I assure you. I have nothing against Alaska. I just have the worst luck shipping there for some reason. I just shipped there last week. Honestly I think it's on the end of the PO service here. The eggs take SO long to get there even priority. I've had eggs take over a week before. :(

Last edited:
I assure you. I have nothing against Alaska. I just have the worst luck shipping there for some reason. I just shipped there last week. Honestly I think it's on the end of the PO service here. The eggs take SO long to get there even priority. I've had eggs take over a week before.
sad.png
I live in New Mexico. I have had eggs take 8 days from Texas.

I have shipped to AK once. It took 4 days. I think if buyers from Alaska are willing to take the risk, it is for them to decide.

Back
Top Bottom