The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by Phage, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Big Blue

Big Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    I bid $25.00 on #1 - pips&peeps

2. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

I've gotten eggs shipped in in the middle of heat waves before and never had an issue with hatch rates dropping.. my biggest issue is with scrambled eggs (USPS mishandling) which can happen any time of the year.. so for me heat during shipping isn't an issue... every box I have gotten lately has had cooler temps INSIDE the box with all the packing (it insulates them) even if the box itself was hot as heck.. (it's been in the 100's here all last week too).. so I don't mind ordering eggs during the hottest part of the summer.. so long as they don't get lost in Austin postal hub...

3. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA
    they are cute, but i'm trying to NOT add more projects right now. LOL still building pens for the ones I DO have... [​IMG]

4. jnjmanning

jnjmanning Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2012
    Sullivan Missouri
    [​IMG][​IMG] One of my chocolate silkies has pipped!!!!

5. Big Blue

Big Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Jean - pm'd you.

6. Sueg4332

Sueg4332 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    Ceres, California
    I usually wait at least 24 hours after the last chick hatches. I take them out of the incabator into kitchen usually if some is alive I can hear it peeping. If it peeps I'll put it back in the bator. Help it if necessary. I find the chicks that hatch later our weaker and a lot of time them just don't do well. I this hatch most were unfertile and 3 early quitters.
    I usually do egg topsys just out of curiousity. Hate it I find a live one..
    here is some of my cochin bantams (I am not a show person so they are just pets)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    there all motting an my other pictures of hens were bad

7. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

when doing an eggtopsy I recommend breaking in through the air cell (candle to see where it is) and then moistening the membrane a bit if there is a chance that the embryo may still be alive.. If you still have a live one it's easier to see if they can be saved or not by doing it that way instead of cracking open an egg and breaking blood vessels then kicking yourself for killing a good chick...

8. SeattleLeah

SeattleLeah Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    Ive done this a number of times and had the chicks hatch ok after breaking into the air cell. Other times the chick was still alive but never made it and had severe malformations like no eyes or crossed beak (sometimes there is a reason they never pip even though the are still moving in there)

9. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I haven't read all the posts since you posted you want quail eggs. There are several pages. Anyway, I'm done hatching quail this year. I get around 25 a day give or take a few here and there. I just put my last batch in my bator. Anymore and they get sold or fed back to the chickens. I'll post some on the thread when I get a flat full and if they don't sell i'll cull back to just 2 pens for the winter. When I do that i'll just get about a dozen maybe less a day. Fertility if finally right on. About the time it's time for me to stop hatching I finally have the fertility good.

I'll be asking $10 a flat which is 50 eggs when I do start selling them and shipping will be $15.00. If anybody wants to be on a list just let me know and I'll go according to the list instead of posting BIN's everytime.

I have cortunix, mostly browns and I have a few white in with them. I hardly ever get a white chick.

10. CyndiChick

CyndiChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2013
    Florida
    Please put me on the list! I would like to get a flat of your quail eggs :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by