The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

OK Folks!!

Our thread has officially been nominated as the GO TO THREAD for eggs for the easter hatch along!!!
jumpy.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif

I have been warned that we could be inundated with people wanting eggs!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/857062/the-5th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-a-long/0_50

Looks like fun. Lots of competitions.

I will post more info as I get it, but check out the link and if you have eggs to sell this may be a great opportunity to sell them.

bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
Its a good thing my gals are picking up the pace again I guess I better get an AUCTION GOING ~FancyFavie~

I have three auctions I am going to list: All three will end on Tuesday, 2/25, at 6:00 PM PST. These will be ready to ship at auction close so please be able to paypal immediately after winning auction to [email protected]. If you would like them held for pick-up please include your phone number with payment.

Auction 1:
18 total BBS Laced Red Wyandotte eggs, will add more if they fit in the box
Bidding starts at $30 including shipping

Auction 2:
18 total project eggs. will add more if they fit in the box
These are from my LF chocolate orpington pen. I have just switched and put a double barred cuckoo roo from Fancy Chicks over 4 LF chocolate orpington hens. I made the switch a week ago. Before the cuckoo orp was in there I had a LF black split to chocolate orp roo. So, you could hatch chocolate, black split to chocolate, cuckoo or chocolate cuckoo. I am waiting for another 2 weeks before I hatch to ensure I get the chocolate cuckoo and cuckoo chicks.
Bidding starts at $45 including shipping

This is a single barred roo, not the one in the pen but gives you an idea of type and quality

Auction 3:
These are from a jubilee roo (Greenfire) over blue and black split from Jubilee hens (they hatched from a jubilee roo over blue and black hens). I have been hatching a variety of colors from this pen: mostly jubilee, but some mottled, some almost chocolate looking at hatch, some looking more partridge, but mostly jubilee. My oldest grow outs from these pens are just a few weeks old so, not sure what all I will get. Incubator is full though so though someone might enjoy some big beautiful english orpingtons. Please note these are considered PROJECTS. Though breeding these jubilee together will likely produce only jubilee, these are not coming from pure jubilee lines. Do not bid on these and expect to sell "jubilee" or "mottled" orpingtons from these chicks that you hatch. Though you could guarantee it with a couple of generations of breeding, you cannot expect this on your first mating. All stock is english but these are MIXED color eggs as explained above. you will get beautiful birds for sure!
Bidding starts at $40 shipped.

Auction # 1 - $30.00

I have 5 Choices for Buy-It-Now. This is good through Wednesday February 26th. Must be paid by paypal. Eggs have been hatching great here at the farm, shipped eggs are a gamble, considering the handling and temperature. I double box and wrap each egg in bubble wrap. I can guarantee, I will send fresh, fertile eggs. Prices are for eggs including shipping. If interested please post sold, and the name of the eggs you're wanting. More pictures are available at gracefulchickens.com. Thank you!!

12+ Olive Eggers F2---$30---Made with my Black Copper Marans and Super Blue Egg Laying Easter Eggers. They are back in with the BCM rooster to make darker green or dark khaki brown eggs.

12+ Olive Eggers F1---$30---Made with my Black Copper Marans and Super Blue Egg Laying Easter Eggers. Eggs will be light to dark olive green.

12+ Super Blue Egg Easter Eggers---$30---These are prolific layers and lay beautiful sky-blue eggs.

12+ Crested Cream Legbars---$40---All of my hens are crested. They are great layers of big blue eggs. They are from Greenfire farms.

12+ Black Copper Marans---$40---My BCM are a mixture of Bev Davis/Wade Jean lines. They lay a beautiful dark dark egg at the beginning of their laying cycle. Egg shades will vary due to egg cycle. All of my birds have feathered shanks and some have copper hackles and some do not. I am breeding for egg color.

Crested Cream Legbars

Easter Egger Eggs

Olive Egger Eggs

F1 Olive Egger Hen

BCM Egg

Easter Eggers

BCM Eggs

Same way you get from Ohio to Missouri via Alaska. Kind of makes you wonder what qualities the USPS looks for when hiring.

Probably look for people who can tolerate boring, tedious work for not much pay. Honestly, maybe I'm lucky, but I'm amazed at the speed and condition that much of the beginning birds of my flocks have arrived in. I've had birds come from California to VA in 24 hrs. All others have come from all over the US in 48 hrs. One I got sent was delayed for one day. She still arrived in good condition and I got a refund on shipping. I never send birds close to a weekend or holiday or in bad weather. When I want something to go fast, I'd use FedEX over Priority USPS any day. Priority USPS does not guarantee fast delivery, but most of the time, I'm not in much of a hurry for the mail to come and go, except when I have live shipments. Then it's Express all the way.

Eggs ... it's a crap shoot really. If I get 50% or even a little less to hatch, I'm happy. But sometimes, like recently, I got 8 out 8 to hatch, so you never know. I get enough to make it worth the risk to get quality foundation stock here.

Last edited:
I have three auctions I am going to list: All three will end on Tuesday, 2/25, at 6:00 PM PST. These will be ready to ship at auction close so please be able to paypal immediately after winning auction to [email protected]. If you would like them held for pick-up please include your phone number with payment. Auction 1: 18 total BBS Laced Red Wyandotte eggs, will add more if they fit in the box [COLOR=FF0000]Bidding starts at $30 including shipping[/COLOR] $31

I have three auctions I am going to list: All three will end on Tuesday, 2/25, at 6:00 PM PST. These will be ready to ship at auction close so please be able to paypal immediately after winning auction to [email protected]. If you would like them held for pick-up please include your phone number with payment.

Auction 1:

Auction 2:
These are from my LF chocolate orpington pen. I have just switched and put a double barred cuckoo roo from Fancy Chicks over 4 LF chocolate orpington hens. I made the switch a week ago. Before the cuckoo orp was in there I had a LF black split to chocolate orp roo. So, you could hatch chocolate, black split to chocolate, cuckoo or chocolate cuckoo. I am waiting for another 2 weeks before I hatch to ensure I get the chocolate cuckoo and cuckoo chicks.
Bidding starts at $45 including shipping

This is a single barred roo, not the one in the pen but gives you an idea of type and quality

Auction 3:
These are from a jubilee roo (Greenfire) over blue and black split from Jubilee hens (they hatched from a jubilee roo over blue and black hens). I have been hatching a variety of colors from this pen: mostly jubilee, but some mottled, some almost chocolate looking at hatch, some looking more partridge, but mostly jubilee. My oldest grow outs from these pens are just a few weeks old so, not sure what all I will get. Incubator is full though so though someone might enjoy some big beautiful english orpingtons. Please note these are considered PROJECTS. Though breeding these jubilee together will likely produce only jubilee, these are not coming from pure jubilee lines. Do not bid on these and expect to sell "jubilee" or "mottled" orpingtons from these chicks that you hatch. Though you could guarantee it with a couple of generations of breeding, you cannot expect this on your first mating. All stock is english but these are MIXED color eggs as explained above. you will get beautiful birds for sure!
Bidding starts at $40 shipped.

45 on auction number 2! Love me some chocolates. alright- and 40 on #3

Last edited:

Auction 1:

Auction #1 - $33.00

QUESTION: Is there by chance a moderator that will be on tonight at 6PM PST?? I just made the horrible realization that I will be on an interview dinner date with my wife so I will not be on to make the final call. OOOPS! If a moderate is willing and able to just post the winners with high bids, that would be amazing. I will take a "convenient" bathroom break at some point after 6 to respond to the winners and then communicate that info to my friend who will be printing postage and shipping the eggs. Other option is I will try to have her online and refresh the page right at 6:00 PM PST on the dot.

Sorry, should have ended it an hour earlier. Oh well. Let me know mods if any of you planning on being online. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom