Pics
Okay, someone is laying a teensy green-blue egg, smaller than the bantam Cochin egg beside it. Either one of the EE pullets has the tiniest large fowl pullet egg I've ever seen (this is the 2nd I've had this tiny) or bantam Cochin Cricket is laying a green egg. Yikes. I have not seen Cricket sit on a nest, but I have seen both Luna and Bee's eggs. Don't know if EE Juliette is laying yet, haven't observed her on a nest.
DSC07532.JPG

Sorry I have not posted here. I have not seen my new flock in a month other than one exception. If you follow the Atlas thread, you know I broke my leg and have been pretty much bedridden. Once, my husband brought Cricket in to see me, but he has so much on his plate, I can't keep asking him to bring various birds in for a visit. They are apparently doing well. Ripley is driving him crazy with her highwire act, seeming to search for some Holy Grail nest box to lay her eggs in and once, he could not find the #13 bird. He was walking the barn aisle for the umpteenth time and heard a noise, looked down and found Bee in a bucket of poopy shavings laying her egg. This is the silliest bunch I've ever raised.

Back
Top Bottom