Pics
Another new layer today, one of the splash Bantam Cochins, Luna. Typical tiny beige egg.
vlcsnap-error353.png

I can't even tell you how crazy Ripley was today. Heard crazy commotion. Went into the barn to see what the heck was up. Heard an odd scraping noise, couldn't figure out what the heck it was. I had flipped one of those stackable plastic things that I use for nests sometimes upside down on top of Hector's filing cabinet nest because Maddie wanted to roost on top of it. It was moving. There under that thing was Ripley, moving around, trying to get comfy on top of the metal cabinet in Hector's pen with Hector and girls standing in the far corner watching. She flew out of her pen and into Hector's and, thankfully, none of those older hens decided she had to die or she could have. I removed her and got her settled into a nest in her pen and she laid her first egg. Someone is laying a light sky blue egg, others are bluish-green and light green. I think I have four of the six EEs laying (I don't think Layla or Juliette are laying). Only Luna of the Cochins is laying so far. Adding that they are 23 weeks old now.

Last edited:
Pullets sure can get goofy sometimes laying those first few eggs. They are most likely to find a weird spot here. This spring one layed an egg on the back of one of my donkeys. He's fat enough to have a bit of a divit. Good thing I found it, or else maybe it would have hatched eventually?

Sounds like you are getting a nice variety of colors out of your EE.

Back
Top Bottom