Pics
More antics by Ripley today. When it was time for them to go back inside to their pen, my husband said they were already mostly inside (it was very windy). He counted. Missing one. Looked and looked for Ripley. He found her, not on the back shelf where she has deposited several eggs, but on top of the cage inside the pen that houses poor old Atlas, the cage that houses two crippled hens. How she got in there, I have no idea, but there is no wall too high for Ripley to scale. I think she is part monkey. I told him that if she goes in there again, let Atlas have her. He needs a hen, after all, poor guy.

Have you ever read the book "Hen and the Art of Chicken Maintenance" by Martin Gurdon? That was a very funny book about his adventures with chicken keeping. Your book would probably be just as funny. :)

I knew this would happen. Ripley had flown out of her pen and into Atlas's and was on top of Snow and Dru's cage. When the husband reached up to get her off, he felt something move. This is what he found...I floated them to see if they were okay. One, marked by "X's" was apparently too old so we tossed that. Dang, RIPLEY!

Attachments

• DSC07583.JPG
    DSC07583.JPG
    351.7 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom