Pics
And, by the way, Ms. Cricket will not be getting any eggs to hatch going into winter. Not happening. Plus, I don't need more chickens at this point in time. She'll have to wait until spring, at least. Of the entire group, Cricket is my favorite hen. Rayna, the blue-and-brown EE is my fav EE hen, but overall, Cricket is my baby. I adore that little buff girl.

Milestones! Tomorrow, Iris & Mace turn 23 weeks old. Last night, Iris roosted next to Gunnar for the first time ever, abandoning Mace in the other pen. This morning when I went in to to chores, I found her on the nest, very seriously sitting. And this is what I brought back from the house....that little blue hen was actually sitting on the first two jumbo green eggs! Then, I watched her lay this perfect, beautiful little brown egg reminiscent of the Buff Cochin color of her sire Magnus's side of the family. Bee and Luna, the splash Cochin hens, both lay the cream color you see in the photo. Iris's is more the color of Cricket's, which I love. Congratulations, Iris, you silly biting goofball!
IMG_0281.JPG
DSC07730.JPG

Last edited:
Milestones! Tomorrow, Iris & Mace turn 23 weeks old. Last night, Iris roosted next to Gunnar for the first time ever, abandoning Mace in the other pen. This morning when I went in to to chores, I found her on the next, very seriously sitting. And this is what I brought back from the house....that little blue hen was actually sitting on the first two jumbo green eggs! Then, I watched her lay this perfect, beautiful little brown egg reminiscent of the Buff Cochin color of her sire Magnus's side of the family. Bee and Luna, the splash Cochin hens, both lay the cream color you see in the photo. Iris's is more the color of Cricket's, which I love. Congratulations, Iris, you silly biting goofball!
View attachment 3340573View attachment 3340572
Holy Chicken shit thats a BEAUTIFUL Chicken!! :love
:love

Back
Top Bottom