Pics
Iris is a goofball. I'm getting used to her antics. She does make me laugh, but I'm not risking fingers to give her eggs. Maybe if she chills out as she matures, but now? Um, no!
Ripley seems to be feeling better today, much perkier and interested in life again. Hopefully, she's on the upswing.
Cricket's chicks look great, still think I have four splashes and definitely one buff. Now, if they could just all be pullets....

I had a great streak a few years back when I was getting nearly all female chicks. I can't remember if the rooster or the hen controls the sex. I was starting to think it was the weather. Unfortunately that luck ran out.

I'm glad Ripley is doing better. Congratulations on your hatch. They're all so cute. Sooner, or later you'll get your blue.
Me, too! I adore Ripley.
I'm sure eventually there will be another blue since splashes carry two blue genes and always pass one of those to their progeny. Not sure when I'll hatch more chicks. It rather depends on how many of these five are pullets. I really, really want the buff to be a pullet...I mean really want it to be a her. Cricket has has been such a joy and she's my only buff hen.

Last edited:
Newest pics at 8 days old. Three have perky little tails showing up, wings on all of them. Not calling sex on them yet, of course. Bonus pics of the biting princess Iris and her suspected mother, Bee, chasing her out of her dust hole.
IMG_0546.JPG
IMG_0548.JPG
IMG_0549.JPG
IMG_0550.JPG
IMG_0551.JPG
IMG_0553.JPG
IMG_0554.JPG
IMG_0555.JPG

Here is your chick fix, sorry for the camera shake, this was impromptu. I will say that though the buff baby is Cricket's, there is no evidence of any leg issue with "her". I'm holding out hope for a pullet for that one and her name will be Dove after one of my really cool subscribers on YouTube (Dove is her Native American name)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom