The New Kids on The Block...... Thanks Speckledhen!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by lockedhearts, May 27, 2011.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    We rode up to see Cyn a couple of weeks ago and picked up these guys, oh and girl [​IMG]

The Blue Wheaten is Willie

The Biggest BR is Clark

BR Pullet is Lois

and smallest BR is Schwarz

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks Cyn! They are all doing well, Schwarz is growing, in size anyway, I may need to make his baldiness some clothes [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That little guy is slow in more ways than one, isn't he? He may surprise us all and be huge one day, just never can tell.

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Look how curious they are!

4. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:I keep telling him he is as smart and big and handsome as his brother [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

I'm really curious to see how he turns out. His brother and sister are looking mighty fine! How on earth do you name yours so easily? I can't decide on a name for the boy I kept!

6. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    It was the 3 hour ride home [​IMG] Actually we just named Willie, his name is because Don asked me what color he was and I said Blue Wheaten, well Don is a big Buffy The Vampire Slayer fan and the guy who came up with that show is named Will Wheaten, he said Wheatie and I said Will and he said Willie......

Schwarz, well we figured he needed a beefy big guy name

Then since we name Schwarz I was thinking of a Hero type name and came up with Clark (kent) and then well Lois was a no brainer

7. speckledhen

I've already used some of my best names on roosters who become buttheads, like Scout, Gabriel and Jake. I may have to reclaim them and revamp their tarnished reputations, LOL. Thought about Lex, but Lexie just died and I'm not sure I'm ready to call another one by that name yet.

8. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    If not Lex, how about Rex?

9. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Good Idea! You don't want me spoutin names, cause you end up with roosters named Muffin and RuPaul [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. speckledhen

I had an Uncle Rex; he died about 10 years ago. His wife, my dad's older sister, was my Aunt Reba. She is who my RIR, Reba, is named after. Uncle Rex was a forest ranger in Alabama and took us out on patrol in his boat a couple times. He smoked a pipe with tobacco that smelled like cherries or something similarly sweet. So, thanks! Rex it is! My new boy's name is Rex. Now, to name his three girls. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by