The new official awesomely cool Mallard Duck Thread

Hehe you wanted pics so I got some pics. Dont mind the horrible pics because my camera on my phone is horrible/

Here is my bravest of the drakes "puff daddy" also a show off.

87941_puff_daddy.jpg

Here is my flock of mallards

87941_duckys.jpg

And here is my mallards next to their temporary momma my khaki campbell hen "Lucky"

87941_the_whole_duck_fams.jpg

Quote:
31 whole posts, "new official awesomely cool" and no pictures. You have a lot of nerve newby, you should fit right in.~gd

This is the first BYC post I have seen that takes this tone. If the community is not interested in Chris Warden's post then it will not receive replies and thus be buried/pushed down the list. This could be a younger individual as well. Acting towards a newer member like you did isn't conducive to attracting other members. If anything, this person's enthusiasm should have been encouraged.

I mainly hang out in the meat bird section and we certainly don't respond to each other in the manner you did.

Perhaps this is the normal etiquette for this section of the forum? I hope not.

Quote:
31 whole posts, "new official awesomely cool" and no pictures. You have a lot of nerve newby, you should fit right in.~gd

This is the first BYC post I have seen that takes this tone. If the community is not interested in Chris Warden's post then it will not receive replies and thus be buried/pushed down the list. This could be a younger individual as well. Acting towards a newer member like you did isn't conducive to attracting other members. If anything, this person's enthusiasm should have been encouraged.

I mainly hang out in the meat bird section and we certainly don't respond to each other in the manner you did.

Perhaps this is the normal etiquette for this section of the forum? I hope not.

He was just joking.
barnie.gif

my 22 mallards are 9 weeks old. I have 15 drakes and 7 hens. Should have plenty of fertile eggs next spring.

CopyofIMG_0598.jpg

CopyofIMG_0597.jpg

CopyofIMG_0596.jpg

CopyofIMG_0590.jpg

the other day a dog made a run at them and they flew into the pond. He pursued them by swimming into the water and they took off and circled the pond about 5 times before landing in the middle. The dog went back to the bank and left. He's gonna have a tough time getting within sniffing distance of my ducks, they're pretty slick.

Yours can fly at 9 weeks?!? Mine are almost 4 months and can just now get 6 inches off the ground if they are standing. They can only fly about 4 ft if they jump off the ramp.

Back
Top Bottom