The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I'll have to compare it to NOAA (which isn't all that accurate). At first I let it use location services to find the closest weather station and it found one 70 miles NE of me. Um, that doesn't seem great, NOAA uses one about 12 miles north of here. But I zoomed out in the map and found there are LOTS of stations. I chose the one about a mile west of us :D Not sure how location services works given how far off it was.
Wunderground is more accurate here the accuweather!

I'll have to compare it to NOAA (which isn't all that accurate). At first I let it use location services to find the closest weather station and it found one 70 miles NE of me. Um, that doesn't seem great, NOAA uses one about 12 miles north of here. But I zoomed out in the map and found there are LOTS of stations. I chose the one about a mile west of us :D Not sure how location services works given how far off it was.
:frow Good afternoon Bruce, have a great day... Most use your IP address to determine location, for me it always picks where my ISP's main office is about 3 zip codes away.

:frow Good afternoon Bruce, have a great day... Most use your IP address to determine location, for me it always picks where my ISP's main office is about 3 zip codes away.
I have wave cable, which is housed in Washington State. Sometimes places think I am up there!
The phone does better though.

Good afternoon, Debby, Mark, Bob, Sue, DMC, Sour, Riss, Bruce and Ron.
It is only 84° here, so I'm enjoying the deck by the water, while waiting for the rain. It is so ☁️ that we are sure to get some rain this evening...maybe.
Unfortunately, the mosquitoes are back, now that it is cooling off.

Good afternoon, Debby, Mark, Bob, Sue, DMC, Sour, Riss, Bruce and Ron.
It is only 84° here, so I'm enjoying the deck by the water, while waiting for the rain. It is so ☁️ that we are sure to get some rain this evening...maybe.
Unfortunately, the mosquitoes are back, now that it is cooling off.
We are at 88F heading up to 93F today.

It is cooler today than yesterday

Most use your IP address to determine location
That would explain it. No idea which server Fairpoint (DSL) uses at any point in time. I do know that they aren't all that reliable. Waiting on the new fiber optic cable company. They strung wires down our road last summer. Apparently they are quite backed up with new customer requests.

I have wave cable, which is housed in Washington State. Sometimes places think I am up there!
DD1's Canadian phone often seems to think it is in Canada even when she is here. We are 25 miles south of the border and it is pretty funny that she will get a "welcome to Canada" message. We generally can't get enough signal on Verizon to make phone calls and texting is questionable.

Back
Top Bottom