The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning Janie, what's happening in your part of the world today?
The weather is cooling down, although we hit 101° on Monday. High 50s this morning and 80s this afternoon.
I'm trying to decide whether I want to put any Halloween decor out. 🎃👻The kids probably won't come in much, since we are all trying to get my mother-in-law situated and get her house sold. So any decor, would just be for me and the chickens. I really love the orange lights, but it seems like a lot of trouble. No one can see 👀our house from the highway, and we don't get trick-or-treaters.😒
I took a part time cashier's job at a small retail store for Christmas cash. I need to start living within my means per my parsimonious (cheap) hubby...and so do our grandchildren. Spoiled rotten..all 11 of them. 😊 But Christmas is on the way! ☃️🎄🧸 And it is the most wonderful time of the year!

I guess, with all his repairs, the new, younger Maytag repairman has a lot less time on his hands. 😆
I hate all the new washers. Energy-efficient crap. The water barely covers the clothes. You have to wash twice to get the clothes clean, you can no longer open the door during a cycle to toss that sock, that you dropped on the floor, in with its mate, and to top it off, they agitate so slowly, that it sounds like you have a sick animal in the laundry room.
That was such an accurate description :lol:I just started a load…we’ll see how the new one is!
The weather is cooling down, although we hit 101° on Monday. High 50s this morning and 80s this afternoon.
I'm trying to decide whether I want to put any Halloween decor out. 🎃👻The kids probably won't come in much, since we are all trying to get my mother-in-law situated and get her house sold. So any decor, would just be for me and the chickens. I really love the orange lights, but it seems like a lot of trouble. No one can see 👀our house from the highway, and we don't get trick-or-treaters.😒
I took a part time cashier's job at a small retail store for Christmas cash. I need to start living within my means per my parsimonious (cheap) hubby...and so do our grandchildren. Spoiled rotten..all 11 of them. 😊 But Christmas is on the way! ☃️🎄🧸 And it is the most wonderful time of the year!
I agree it is the most wonderful time of the year…can’t wait to put up my new Christmas tree:D

A part time Christmas money job sounds good! Eleven grandkids aren't cheap and kids so much enjoy the holidays (well, so do I).

DH was here last Halloween working on the house and he was caught unprepared for Halloween trick or treaters. He ended up handing out one dollar bills to the kids. I'm more "frugal" and have a bag of candy to pass out this year. I plan on getting a pumpkin for the front step that will pass for decor and letting the flock have it to enjoy after Halloween.

A part time Christmas money job sounds good! Eleven grandkids aren't cheap and kids so much enjoy the holidays (well, so do I).

DH was here last Halloween working on the house and he was caught unprepared for Halloween trick or treaters. He ended up handing out one dollar bills to the kids. I'm more "frugal" and have a bag of candy to pass out this year. I plan on getting a pumpkin for the front step that will pass for decor and letting the flock have it to enjoy after Halloween.
Are you going to look for a part time holiday job Debby? If I remember right you were interested in one last year.

Are you going to look for a part time holiday job Debby? If I remember right you were interested in one last year.

I've done a bit of looking but nothing has come of it yet. There seem to be more full-time jobs out there and that's not what I want. I really just want a part-time seasonal job. So I'll keep looking.

I've done a bit of looking but nothing has come of it yet. There seem to be more full-time jobs out there and that's not what I want. I really just want a part-time seasonal job. So I'll keep looking.
There should be some seasonal jobs cropping up soon. I haven't checked the unemployment rates lately, so I'm not sure what kind of competition is out there. My problem was mostly, finding something within a twenty minute drive.

My first load of laundry is hanging on the line and they are clean!! I didn’t realize how poor of a job my old machine was doing. The second load is in now. This machine is so much quieter then the last. It looks like it’s putting in enough water. I love the see thru top.

4942FCBE-0BBB-4DCB-B3D4-28B9A8EDB9CB.jpeg

There should be some seasonal jobs cropping up soon. I haven't checked the unemployment rates lately, so I'm not sure what kind of competition is out there. My problem was mostly, finding something within a twenty minute drive.

Janie, did you use one of those online service sites to find your job? Seems that's all I find, things where you have to sign up with something like Indeed, jobs2careers, zip recruiter, etc.

My first load of laundry is hanging on the line and they are clean!! I didn’t realize how poor of a job my old machine was doing. The second load is in now. This machine is so much quieter then the last. It looks like it’s putting in enough water. I love the see thru top.

View attachment 2843988

Cool, now you can watch the laundry instead of tv! :lol: It's a nice looking machine DMC, glad it's doing the job for you.

Cool, now you can watch the laundry instead of tv! :lol: It's a nice looking machine DMC, glad it's doing the job for you.
I think I’ll watch TV instead…it’s nice to be able to see what’s happening in there though:lol: When I looked at this machine I didn’t look at the buttons. I was more concerned about the size of the washtub and how many work clothes I could fit in there. It’s like a touch screen. I couldn’t figure it out at first. I would like a washing machine like my very first new one in 1992. That lasted 13 years and was very simple and worked like a dream. The good ol days!

Back
Top Bottom