The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Nov 7, 2015.

1. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    @sourland So, So sorry about your dog [​IMG]

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Peeps are a-peeping Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    I am as well.

3. N F C

N F C phooey! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Sour, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Words are hard to come by for occasions like this but know that you and the pup are in my thoughts and prayers. [​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    So sorry to hear that Sour [​IMG]. I have been sleeping more and catching up on BYC much less lately. I used to give mine a last meal- a whole can of bumblebee solid white albacore tuna. No matter how sick they were ,they never turned it down. [​IMG]

My neighbor just lost his grand-dog a Shar pei at 10 yrs. He wasn't a dog lover and he told me he was shocked when he broke down over the dog. He hadn't realized how much Chubs meant to him. While his son was looking for an apartment, he used to babysit the dog. Now he is hoping to get one for himself but, did research and said they are going for $1800. I don't think they mark them down after Xmas.

5. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    @drumstick diva it's so good to see you! I've missed running into you lately. Hope you're caught up on your sleep and will be here more often. Sorry to hear about your friend's dog, they sure leave an empty spot when they're gone.

6. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil Flock Master

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    I'm so sorry Sour......I lost a for month old weiner dog to a car accident about a year ago. I'm still not all the way over it. I teared up yesterday thinking about the poor little guy. He didn't die instantly that was the worst part. Peace be with you.....Phil

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Thanks for the sympathy expressed by all. Saddest thing is that this dog will never get to achieve the title that he truly deserves. He's always been a 'no trouble' sort of dog - very gutty and even sort of personality. In retrospect he has been dealing with this all summer with slight ups and downs in health. It has now reached the point where the beginning of this week he really felt like heck. Right now he is feeling good and eating well, but I know that is just the meds making him feel better. I won't allow him to feel that way again. Understand that he is not a beloved house pet, but he is well liked and will leave me with many good memories. Phil, I had a German Shepherd who died over 45 years ago - I still tear up over memories of him. I understand.

8. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Sour, I'm glad you'll have good memories of him. And not letting it drag on to the painful inevitable conclusion is the kind thing to do.

9. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    sour, is the pup a field trial dog, or show dog?

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Field trial dog - no offense to anyone, but my personality does not mesh with most show folks. We have dabbled in obedience trialing with our goldens, but that's another group of people entirely. He won his very first trial entered, got a second and third the next two and then contracted a virus that caused him to lose his ability to smell. His nose gradually came back, but he still remains as a 'weak nosed' individual. Basically he had to 'recreate' himself into a different styled dog. For some reason (I understand why) he is a dog that many judges choose to 'overlook'. I actually stopped running him at field trials the last half of this season because he just wasn't 'right'. I now understand why.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by