The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    okay, I got you. thanks.

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    From what I understand from my friend who showed standard poodles, It is a politically geared endeavor.
    People can ruin anything.

He is the kind of guy that lets stuff roll off his back, but I am not that kind of personality.
    He enjoyed the obedience trails better.

My dogs are just dogs. Wet and sandy and sporting tennis balls as accessories.

3. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil True BYC Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    I'm a very politically geared person....but I try to never bring it into any place.....sometimes I fail but mostly I keep my opinions to myself.....can't say that for everyone though.....nothing ruins an event like political rants.

4. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Sour, I'm sorry the news was so bleak. You're right, sometimes the only thing you can do is give them a few more comfortable days and then let them go. In the animal hospitals where I worked, we'd so often see dogs that were so sick they weren't living a life - a sweet little Norwich Terrier named Lucy comes immediately to mind. She was blind and deaf, and every other day she was brought in for life sustaining sub-q IV fluids. She'd just lay there on the table with the bag of fluids hooked up and running in not knowing what was going on around her. We've had dogs that paced their small enclosure in tight circles all day long, and in those enclosures we used Dri-Decking, which looks sort of like flattened Legos.....we'd have to bandage their feet when they came in or they'd leave with bloody paws from the constant pacing. I've had to coat the tongue of a Pekingese with oils because he could no longer pull his tongue into his mouth and it would dry out and crack open, and that same dog also required eye ointments because he didn't blink enough to keep them moist.

But they "loved" those dogs and couldn't imagine their lives without them, so the dogs (and sometimes cats, too) suffered just so the owners didn't have to make that final call. We could suggest it, but we couldn't do it without the owner's permission. One of the animal hospitals I worked at was also a big boarding kennel, and we did have one dog die while the owners were out of town. This poor fella had to have enzymes sprinkled on his food to pre-digest it, he was totally blind, he was 17 years old, and kidney stones were tearing him up. Yet the owners still came down on us hard, accusing of "euthanizing" Mr. Bancroft while they were gone because we'd "always been nagging them to kill the dog" so we must have done it while they were gone because he was "too hard to take proper care of." Yeah, right.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Blooie, I admire people like you that can work in those places but I couldn't do it. I'd probably lose my temper with some of those oh so loving humans and get in trouble.

1 person likes this.
  6. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Ya just never know what you can do until you have to do it, Debby! Loved the animals I worked with - just not so sure about some of the owners!

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    That's almost word for word what I used to say about working at a neurological institution years ago. Loved the kids I took care of but the parents? Nother story for the most part.

8. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

[​IMG]

9. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Spring Dreaming Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Apparently this thread has been shut down for construction.

10. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Diz! Are you ready for the holidays? [​IMG]

I'm still here! What's going on in your world OHLD?

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by