The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Nov 7, 2015.

1. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG]

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Spring Dreaming Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Thank you sunflour, those are nice balloons.

3. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Wow, Katie's going to be in the double digits! Do you have anything special planned for her b-day Blooie?

4. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    We'll do her birthday on Sunday.....she has a small party planned with her friends from school on Friday after dress rehearsal and then we'll do the family party on Sunday. Winter dance recitals always fall somewhere close to her birthday, so that week seems to be packed!

A few years ago the dance recital fell ON her 6th birthday. She thought we all forgot it was her birthday and she was NOT happy about it. But I'd made a cute little cake and had her birthday presents, a big banner and the whole 9 yards set up over here, and the plan was for the kids to bring her here after her recital and surprise her. It was the first dance recital I'd missed since she started at 3 years old but Kendra was just a few months old, so I stayed home and kept her so Mom and Dad could go.

After the finale, when all the dancers do their combined dance, the head of the dance academy called for Katie to come forward. She gave Katie a big bunch of balloons and announced her special day. I wish I could have seen that. Jenny said Katie was just beaming while all of the teachers, dancers, and audience sang Happy Birthday to her. Then she walked in the door here and got her surprise party! It was awesome!!

[​IMG]
    Surprise!!!!

[​IMG]
    She loved her little cake! It was a sheet cake I bought and had her name put on it, plus a little round cake that I put on top.

[​IMG]
    A birthday kiss from Mom and Dad. We have a photo of them doing this every year since Katie was born, and the tradition continues with Kendra.

This year will be a big dance recital - both girls are in dance! I am so excited! I can't wait to see them both perform. Jenny said Kendra doesn't "get it" but she loves the music and being part of the group, and they love her, so it should be really cute. She isn't a big fan of the fairy wand - keeps throwing it. Last I heard they were still deciding if they would end up using them or not. That's my girl! Oh, and today is her first Christmas program at school too. Last night was Evan and Katie's. I just love this time of year, not just for Christmas but for all of these things - and a heart full of memories!

2 people like this.
  5. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Blooie, kid's programs are the best! And such a wonderful part of the holidays. So glad you'll get to see both girl's in dance recitals this year. I hope to see pictures!

6. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Now, you know I never take pictures of the grandkids....... <giggle>

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Oh right, what was I thinking? [​IMG]

8. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hey @Blooie

Aren't you supposed to be off somewhere working on a gingerbread build?

I'm supposed to be doing something else too. Talked to my mother last night and found out all she really wants for Christmas is LOADS of Christmas cookies and pumpkin bread. She has always asked for a new nightgown for her present before, that was easy! Now she wants LOADS of cookies. And pumpkin bread. And it all has to be mailed to Cheyenne in time for Christmas.
    [​IMG]

Guess I need to get busy. Figure out what to make, what needs to be bought, go to the grocery store, bake it all, figure how to package it, get it the PO. Sheesh, I thought I was getting off pretty easy. Should have known better.

Maybe I'll just go take a nap, lol.

9. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Ken was teasing me about that when I was looking for these pictures of Katie's 6th birthday. He said, "You need to start your own contest - Name an Event and Have a Photo of It! Doesn't count if the event is named but there's no picture." Guess I never thought about it before but I think I could show a photo for almost every topic! Oh, I'm so ashamed - I'm a photoholic.

1 person likes this.
  10. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Poor Ken.....every year he ends up making tons of his famous peanut brittle. Last year we mailed out 60 POUNDS of it, from Connecticut to San Diego and all points in between. That doesn't even count what he makes and gives away locally. In fact, we were in the grocery store one day and a lady neither of us knew caught up to us and asked, "Are you making peanut brittle this year?" Ken told her he was and she wanted to buy some right then. He had to tell her he just makes it for friends and family and that keeps him more than busy. Found out later that daughter Tam brought hers to work with her and set it out for everyone to enjoy - and in the process created a monster! [​IMG]

Better get to baking and making, Debby! And yep, I've got a gingerbread chicken coop to make. I'm procrastinating. Don't I do that well?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by