The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Happy birthday Katie! Have the most wonderful day!

[​IMG]

2. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Aww, thanks my friends! I can't wait until she gets home from school so I can show her all of your birthday greetings. She is a triple quadruple blessing to this family - the kids were married 11 years and had lost 3 babies before Katie came along. They wanted a family so badly, and daughter Tam and now x hubby Dan had also given up on having another little one. They had Austin, lost a baby, and then nothing for 16 years. Suddenly Tam was expecting again! She was so excited...and scared....but everything went great and we got our Evan. As soon as Tam hit her second trimester she called her brother and said, "Tag, you're it." Evan was born in April, Katie in December. It worked!! [​IMG]

3. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    Blooie, give them b-days hugs from us down in Texas.

remember, everything is bigger in Texas, and we don't give them wimpy hugs, full on BEAR hugs, not little black bear hugs, but GRIZZLY BEAR hugs.
    be sure you growl too!!

I always enjoy reading you posts about your grandbabies!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  4. N F C

N F C just 1 more cup pls Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Wow, that was some powerful tag! [​IMG]

5. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Cookie marathon update...got 3 types of cookie dough made up (not baked, just made). I found some fun boxes & tins today to pack Mom's goodies in. Tomorrow will be pumpkin bread, fudge and finish the cookie baking. Hoping to get her package sent off Saturday.

I was going to ship it off priority but apparently everything is bogged down due to a winter storm. Does anyone know...does it make a difference if I pay extra to send it faster if the mail is slowed down because of the weather?

6. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Spring Dreaming Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    you could send me some and I'll let you know how long before they arrive[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil Flock Master

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    Happy Birthday Katie....sorry I'm not good at posting any fancy stuff.....but Happy Birthday.....

8. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida

9. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I gave her a heads up they might not make it by Christmas. She'll happily eat them whenever they arrive. The pumpkin bread might be a bit "iffy" if it gets there too late but she insists. And when a mom insists, ya gotta listen. Especially because it's her Christmas present. New Year's present. Whichever.

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey

Just steal it from someone else by hitting the quote button like I just did. I do it all of the time. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by