The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning, Debby.
I hope you have a fun day & find some great storage solutions. I'll bet your enjoying having the hubby home at night.

Good afternoon, Mad. The kids have tried for years to get us to put in a pool out here.
Husband say absolutely not, he'll never have another one. He doesn't want the maintenance and expense.
Two of our kids have pools, and both have had some maintenance headaches.
Considering the droughts we keep having, I don't think anyone should consider an in ground pool now.
A headache is exactly right :lol:
With enough money some people come up with beautiful set ups though. I saw one that had a beach entry instead of steps. Kinda like this...
beachpool.jpg

Nice to visit but not to have lol

A headache is exactly right :lol:
With enough money some people come up with beautiful set ups though. I saw one that had a beach entry instead of steps. Kinda like this...
View attachment 3164591
Nice to visit but not to have lol
It really is beautiful. I'd have to have a pool boy though.

:(
I hope he tests negative and can get that surgery. I assume it is needed or they wouldn't be planning it.

Also sorry you are long hauling. The only taste issue I had was the metallic taste but that was due to the Paxlovid, known side effect and only lasted the 5 days the pills were taken.

It wasn't a real muscle ache, it was weird! And it lasted maybe 30-45 minutes per "episode" then nothing until the next time.

Hanging out in the 72°F/22.2°C house other than chicken chores :) No A/C here but cool enough overnight to cool the house with the windows open.

If we had one at least it would be swimmable. Can't really swim in a 24' round above ground (adult wading) pool. Plus you get little "mortar shell" pockets where ants (I guess) tunnel, hard to vacuum the dirt out of those.

Yep, and I would give it away if DW would agree.

I don't know, they probably have to learn to live in the same house again after the months of DH working on the prior house to get it ready while Debby was at the course house, then Debby and cats moved there but DH was still managing the course many many miles away! Weekend visits!

Yep, lots of time and money go into the stupid pool every summer. DW might go walk around in it this afternoon. If she does it will be the first time this year. She goes in MAYBE twice a week between the end of June and mid August.

The cement in the pool at my sister's in So Cal. cracked (no idea how old it was but plenty old) and she decided to get rid of it since it wasn't being used much. You can't legally just fill in the hole so she had to pay MANY, MANY, MANY thousands of dollars to have the concrete removed then the hole filled in. Part of that expense was due to the closeness of the houses. On the "accessible without stairs" side the gate isn't wide enough for a wheelbarrow so the workers had to walk it all out the other side and down the stairs. I'm sure it would have been cheaper if there was space for a skidsteer.

DW thinks that is warm for sleeping, mid 50°F better (I don't agree!)
DW sounds like myself. I get in the pool every once in a great while :lol: but the kids love it.

Good morning, everyone 🐓

Good morning, @Boppo
Happy birthday 🎈 🎂 🥳
Hi Janie!
Good morning to all (Janie's rooster woke me up :lol: )!

@Boppo happy, happy birthday to you 🎂🎉 🎁

Who said they need rain? Come and get it!
View attachment 3164904
Our poor little Wyoming cats are having to adjust to rainstorms, they aren't used to thunder and lightening.
Good morning Debby! Poor cats! Mine don’t like it and they’ve grown up with it. I imagine the ground won’t stay wet very long with the Florida heat :lol:

Hi Janie!

Good morning Debby! Poor cats! Mine don’t like it and they’ve grown up with it. I imagine the ground won’t stay wet very long with the Florida heat :lol:

Morning DMC :frow

There's so much sand in the dirt up here, water just soaks right in. How's your farming going this summer?

Morning DMC :frow

There's so much sand in the dirt up here, water just soaks right in. How's your farming going this summer?
The crops are looking pretty good. Some we didn’t get in but we do have insurance that will pay on it. We are hoping for timely rains :fl Hubby is hoping to get the rest of the spraying done today as the wind isn’t blowing like crazy.

I think the guy that is doing some of the repair here comes tomorrow. So excited! I imagine it’s just for letting us know what things will cost. We don’t have shingles yet but we do have siding. I can’t wait until my new deck is in and I have a roof over it.

Back
Top Bottom