The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

They didn’t seem to be. Every morning they’d come up from the river, which is pretty close to Lori’s house, in groups of 2 or 3. If you caught their interest, they’d approach you, but cautiously, and get pretty close. But they’ve never attacked anyone. Then in the evening they’d wander through the neighborhood back to the river, walking across sidewalks, lawns, and driveways. Steve and Lori estimate about 25 birds in the flock total.

View attachment 3166796
We saw a big wild Tom turkey chasing a fox the other day. It was pretty funny.

I have been watching two hens and some poults on campus. Today I took a picture of them!

1656439127608.jpeg

YIKES!
How is your ear now?
I have temporary hearing aids in them. The left one is like a microphone that picks us sound on my always-deaf side and transmits it via Bluetooth to the hearing aid in my right ear, so now I can hear what’s being said on what was once my profoundly deaf side. That part is nice.

But the hearing aids haven’t really done much beyond that. I see the ENT on the 30th to see if there’s damage on the right side, deep inside the ear in those little bones that live in there. If there is, they can do surgery to repair them and give me my hearing back. If not, I have a new normal.

I have temporary hearing aids in them. The left one is like a microphone that picks us sound on my always-deaf side and transmits it via Bluetooth to the hearing aid in my right ear, so now I can hear what’s being said on what was once my profoundly deaf side. That part is nice.

But the hearing aids haven’t really done much beyond that. I see the ENT on the 30th to see if there’s damage on the right side, deep inside the ear in those little bones that live in there. If there is, they can do surgery to repair them and give me my hearing back. If not, I have a new normal.
Sorry Blooie. That must be awful.

Back
Top Bottom