The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Hi, folks. We’re home, and what a week it was! spent time with family (Katie got to spend 4 days of it with Jenny’s family), had a blast at my great-niece Jasmine and JC’s wedding, got a new car, got stalked by wild turkeys in Lori’s front yard, got a new car, and came home with Little DIane in tow.

I’m exhausted.View attachment 3166658
How cute! are they aggressive? Glad you made it home safe and sound.

I haven't but Ron recommended it last time. They eventually went away with the 13% permethrin so, I thought I wouldn't need to buy the elector after all. Stopped treating weekly and went to monthly which seemed to work until now so I wonder if this heat had something to do with it, and/or my solution isn't strong enough and I'm just going to need the elector psp.
I love the elector. I've had multiple problems with leg mites. They are so hard to keep under control. With elector, I can just dip their legs and be done. I have too many chickens to be spreading Vaseline on them every night. So far, so good. I still keep permethrin powder on hand. I also have used ivermectin. It is my second choice.

I love the elector. I've had multiple problems with leg mites. They are so hard to keep under control. With elector, I can just dip their legs and be done. I have too many chickens to be spreading Vaseline on them every night. So far, so good. I still keep permethrin powder on hand. I also have used ivermectin. It is my second choice.
That sounds too good to be true but I'm going to look for it now. They're stubborn bugs that's for sure!

How cute! are they aggressive? Glad you made it home safe and sound.
They didn’t seem to be. Every morning they’d come up from the river, which is pretty close to Lori’s house, in groups of 2 or 3. If you caught their interest, they’d approach you, but cautiously, and get pretty close. But they’ve never attacked anyone. Then in the evening they’d wander through the neighborhood back to the river, walking across sidewalks, lawns, and driveways. Steve and Lori estimate about 25 birds in the flock total.

76BA9C49-432D-4BA5-A704-874D2BEBF9AC.jpeg

I haven't but Ron recommended it last time. They eventually went away with the 13% permethrin so, I thought I wouldn't need to buy the elector after all. Stopped treating weekly and went to monthly which seemed to work until now so I wonder if this heat had something to do with it, and/or my solution isn't strong enough and I'm just going to need the elector psp.
I have used a generic spinosad. It is weaker than elector but did the trick!

Some examples are: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=spinosad...941120011&sprefix=spino,aps,136&ref=sr_nr_n_2

I was wondering about that.

I think the elector cost around $100. I'm not going to run out for a long, long time, but I know the cost is a big deterrent for many. I feel like it was an excellent purchase at that price, but it's a shame that you can't buy a smaller bottle.

That would be a REALLY big raised bed! Are there any carrots that grow to 4-5' long so I could make full use of the depth?

Will you come pick up the Koi for the winter? The ice is thick enough to walk on, probably 2'-3' thick though I've not drilled through it to see if it is safe for ice fishing ;)

I see another possible problem, I'm not sure DW wants to wade with Koi and Koi crap!
🤔 She could always pretend they are dolphins :D

View attachment 3148758
View attachment 3148762
View attachment 3148765
View attachment 3148768
Well this day is totally hosed! We’re okay - I may have lost the hearing in my right ear from the side airbag. ER says ear drum is intact but they can’t tell about structural damage behind it so they’re setting me up with an ENT. This sucks- I could only hear from that ear anyway because I’m totally deaf in my left ear and have been for 10 years.
YIKES!
How is your ear now?

I was wondering about that.

I think the elector cost around $100. I'm not going to run out for a long, long time, but I know the cost is a big deterrent for many. I feel like it was an excellent purchase at that price, but it's a shame that you can't buy a smaller bottle.
What is the shelf life of elektor? I currently have 3 hens and 7 pullets so it would take a long time to use the big container of elektor. If I have more uses for it, it would be a very good way to go.

Back
Top Bottom