The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning. Stay safe and beware the idiots.
Good morning, Sour. Sometimes (often) I  am that idiot.
Good morning all

You didn't hit ANOTHER deer and have to replace the first new car before it was even dirty did you?! ;)
Good morning, Bruce. 🦋
Good moooorning my favorite peeps!

I love that.

Thank you, I like there is a spray form available too.

I agree. I didn't buy a large bottle of permethrin but I still have a lot. I prefer the already-made sprays but it's too expensive during infestations.
Good morning, Mad. 🦋

I have been watching two hens and some poults on campus. Today I took a picture of them!

View attachment 3166909
D'aweeeeee! Looks like mom is ready to cross the road :lol:
I have temporary hearing aids in them. The left one is like a microphone that picks us sound on my always-deaf side and transmits it via Bluetooth to the hearing aid in my right ear, so now I can hear what’s being said on what was once my profoundly deaf side. That part is nice.

But the hearing aids haven’t really done much beyond that. I see the ENT on the 30th to see if there’s damage on the right side, deep inside the ear in those little bones that live in there. If there is, they can do surgery to repair them and give me my hearing back. If not, I have a new normal.
The technology they have is truly amazing. Hoping there is something they can do so you don't have to have a "new normal".
I bought mine in 2020. It expires in late 2024.
What do you do with any unused?

The technology they have is truly amazing. Hoping there is something they can do so you don't have to have a "new normal".

So far, I've only used it twice.
I put 2 Tablespoons in 30 oz.
I sprayed the nest boxes, coops, and roosts (top and bottom) and gave them a second treatment 10 days later using the same mix.
I then used the leftover mix to spray my crepe myrtle trees for white flies. I still have a lot left!
Ideally, it would be great if you could split a bottle with a friend or two.

There is a crazy blueJay trying to break into our house. This is the 3rd day that it's been flying into, and tapping on our window. The blinds are mostly closed. I'm not sure what it is trying to do. Our younger cat is fascinated.

Janie, your blue jay story reminds me of this old thread started by @duluthralphie (proceed with caution, I don't want you to be scared to sleep at night!): a-bird-haunting-not-for-faint-of-heart.975857

:gig

Blooie I just read about the deer accident, wow! Hope surgery can be done to get you some of your hearing back. :hugs
Me too!! How’s the new home? Your old home state misses you but hopes you’re happy!
🙏 This happens soon and goes smoothly
My neighbour who was completely deaf has had this amazing operation and a piece connected. I almost fainted when she joined in with a conversation I was having with someone else because I didn't know this had happened, it was a wonderful surprise :love
Those cochlear implants (I’m assuming that’s what she had) are incredible. I think for me the plan would just be repair - somehow - those tiny bones.
Good morning all

You didn't hit ANOTHER deer and have to replace the first new car before it was even dirty did you?! ;)
Bite your tongue and throw salt over your shoulder, Bruce!! :gig

I loved that shot of turkey mom and turkey babies!! Lori said there are two hens with poults in their neighborhood flock but they opted not to show up while we were there. Maybe they heard not to trust Ken around wildlife!

Back
Top Bottom