The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning folks :frow

Good morning everyone, happy Friday!
:frow Good morning Debby, have a great day
Good morning Debby!
:frow Good morning DMC, have a great day... Glad hubby is recovering. I wore double ear protection for years, yet I'm still deaf in the frequency range of an F-16 engine.
Good morning, Debby. Happy Friday to you! 🐞

Good morning, DMC 🐞 I hope your hubby had a good night.
:frow Good morning Janie, have a great day

:frow Good morning DMC, have a great day... Glad hubby is recovering. I wore double ear protection for years, yet I'm still deaf in the frequency range of an F-16 engine.

Good morning, Bob 🦋 I hope you have a great day too!

I'd give him the narcotic. He is probably too stubborn to admit that the pain is bad. At the very least, it will knock him out, and you'll get some rest.
He’d tell me if it’s bad and he would take it. He’s not grumpy like he was yesterday coming off the anasthesia. He says it’s more discomfort then a pain. I just had a quick nap so I’m good :D

Good morning Bob, thanks and you also!

So ear protection doesn’t work?

I'd give him the narcotic. He is probably too stubborn to admit that the pain is bad. At the very least, it will knock him out, and you'll get some rest.
I wouldn't.
1) You never know who will have an addictive tendency beforehand
2) If he is like me, those things make my brain foggy and move it outside my head. I will avoid any opioids unless I would choose suicide to stop the pain otherwise.

So ear protection doesn’t work?
It works to a degree and for sound levels, duration and frequency the average person would encounter. I found that a blender is 90 dB, that is pretty loud but most people don't run their blender for hours every day. One really needs to use hearing protection in their everyday activities with loud machinery.

I suspect Bob was relatively close to the F-16s with some frequency for extended periods.

Years ago when we would sail on Lake Champlain and the SAC base was still at Plattsburgh they would fly F-4s over to Burlington (we have an Air National Guard base). Those suckers were fairly low given the distance is only a bit over 20 miles as the jet flies, they didn't gain altitude as they would if they were going somewhere distant. They were LOUD. They were loud coming but as they passed overhead and you were on the exhaust end of the plane it was seriously painful.

And the Blue Angels F-18s! They did an air show here some years ago and were practicing the day before . Their path was over the lake but the house was close to the lake and as they crossed over land to make their turn back to the lake they went right over my house. And I mean RIGHT over the house. Look up and there was the plane low. It hurt. I went into the basement under the garage which we had dubbed the "bomb shelter" - poured concrete walls and garage slab. The only opening was a 5' wide entrance from the basement under the house. The F-18s were still loud in there, louder than my circular saw. Fortunately we had somewhere far away to be for the weekend and didn't have to suffer it again.

Good morning.

I wouldn't.
2) If he is like me, those things make my brain foggy and move it outside my head. I will avoid any opioids unless I would choose suicide to stop the pain otherwise.
I wouldn't, and Bruce has given the reasons why I wouldn't, and that stuff constipates me too. Yeah, I have taken it - never again.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Bruce.

I wouldn't.

It works to a degree and for sound levels, duration and frequency the average person would encounter. I found that a blender is 90 dB, that is pretty loud but most people don't run their blender for hours every day. One really needs to use hearing protection in their everyday activities with loud machinery.

I suspect Bob was relatively close to the F-16s with some frequency for extended periods.

Years ago when we would sail on Lake Champlain and the SAC base was still at Plattsburgh they would fly F-4s over to Burlington (we have an Air National Guard base). Those suckers were fairly low given the distance is only a bit over 20 miles as the jet flies, they didn't gain altitude as they would if they were going somewhere distant. They were LOUD. They were loud coming but as they passed overhead and you were on the exhaust end of the plane it was seriously painful.

And the Blue Angels F-18s! They did an air show here some years ago and were practicing the day before . Their path was over the lake but the house was close to the lake and as they crossed over land to make their turn back to the lake they went right over my house. And I mean RIGHT over the house. Look up and there was the plane low. It hurt. I went into the basement under the garage which we had dubbed the "bomb shelter" - poured concrete walls and garage slab. The only opening was a 5' wide entrance from the basement under the house. The F-18s were still loud in there, louder than my circular saw. Fortunately we had somewhere far away to be for the weekend and didn't have to suffer it again.
Good morning.

I wouldn't, and Bruce has given the reasons why I wouldn't, and that stuff constipates me too. Yeah, I have taken it - never again.

Most manly, men won't take a pain reliever until they are beyond the point of needing one. With the amount of narcotics, and the strength they prescribe nowadays, you are very unlikely to become dependent.
I agree with brain fog, though. I can take an ibuprofen and it knocks me out.
As for constipation, that's a valid reason to avoid all pain relievers. Good bowel movements are the key to good mental health.
All those years in psych and prison settings taught me that constipated people are mean and psychotic. 🤣

Good morning.

:frow Good morning Sour, have a great day

@DigMyChicks @bruceha2000 is right. 12 years I was up close to many different jet engines. Started with F-4s, Moved to A-10s, and then F-16s. All in all at the end of my career I had 65 different airframes I was qualified to work on.

Back
Top Bottom