The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Grocery shopping day. I'm going to get it over with.

I think I have a new cat. 🤫 don't tell my husband. I think it's a female. It's solid black, and I thought it was my Boo cat, but then I saw there were two Boos. I fed it yesterday and this morning. It isn't friendly or touchable (yet), but it's not running away either. I don't know if it's a she or a he, but it's bigger than Bootiful.
Did you take a look at the back of the new cat? It is easy to tell from there if it is an older cat lol!

And maybe some PTSD!

I was just a little kid but there are some memories of that day I'll never forget. Like mom standing at the picture window watching the tail fly over the house and screaming at us 3 kids to get to the basement. A good friend of mine was trapped in her basement when her house collapsed (she was dug out hours later ok). The outside of our house had pieces of straw embedded in it. I saw on the tv one guy that was actually picked up in the tornado and dropped to the ground, he was mud from hair to toe with all sorts of debris stuck in him (he survived). The local university was hard hit and some lovely old stone buildings lost.

It definitely made an impression on me. That was the worst tornado I went through but there were so many others. People used to warn me about moving to FL and the hurricanes but at least with hurricanes you mostly have enough notice they're coming to get away. I've seen tornados pop up in a flash, they are scary.

Did you take a look at the back of the new cat? It is easy to tell from there if it is an older cat lol!
I think its a young adult, probably a couple of years old. I haven't gotten a closer look yet. I'm not even sure if it's a female. I just heard it meowing this morning before light, so I put some cat food out on the back porch and called her or him. The food bowl was cleaned by daylight. Both my cats were inside, so I'm sure the stray kitty ate it all.
20230329_193148.jpg

I remember there being a few really bad tornadoes,in Tennessee, when I lived up there. One tore up a trailer park and killed several people.
I also remember, during that same time, that a tornado did a lot of damage in Jacksonville, TX. Some of the down town businesses burned because of gas leaks. I'll bet @chrissynemetz would remember that.
I do! And that's why I live in Colorado now 😬 I'd rather have snow, it just seems safer. ⛄

I was just a little kid but there are some memories of that day I'll never forget. Like mom standing at the picture window watching the tail fly over the house and screaming at us 3 kids to get to the basement. A good friend of mine was trapped in her basement when her house collapsed (she was dug out hours later ok). The outside of our house had pieces of straw embedded in it. I saw on the tv one guy that was actually picked up in the tornado and dropped to the ground, he was mud from hair to toe with all sorts of debris stuck in him (he survived). The local university was hard hit and some lovely old stone buildings lost.

It definitely made an impression on me. That was the worst tornado I went through but there were so many others. People used to warn me about moving to FL and the hurricanes but at least with hurricanes you mostly have enough notice they're coming to get away. I've seen tornados pop up in a flash, they are scary.
I have to agree, tornadoes are much scarier than hurricanes because there’s so little warning.

When I was kid and we drove to town we used to go past this house that had a huge hole in the roof, through the upstairs floor and out the wall to ground on the bottom floor. It was struck by lightning. If you went round to the back the hole thing was smashed in from when a tornado threw a tractor into it. That house didn’t have a chance. It was abandoned by that time, but it stood there for quite a while and it always creeped me out.

Good afternoon all. Hubs and I have been crushing dreams and destroying lives today. What is everyone up to? Does anyone have plans for the weekend?
Assuming you have the grandchildren?
I plan to pick up debris from the storm that's coming. If by some chance it misses us, I'll be weeding.

I think its a young adult, probably a couple of years old. I haven't gotten a closer look yet. I'm not even sure if it's a female. I just heard it meowing this morning before light, so I put some cat food out on the back porch and called her or him. The food bowl was cleaned by daylight. Both my cats were inside, so I'm sure the stray kitty ate it all.View attachment 3449173
Kitty has it's high beams on. :love

Sounds like an eventful day for you IM! Or is that a normal crushing/destroying routine? :lol:
It’s a pretty normal routine. He tests people for commercial drivers licenses and I am basically collections.
Assuming you have the grandchildren?
I plan to pick up debris from the storm that's coming. If by some chance it misses us, I'll be weeding.
Nope, they’re at school. We do this regularly lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom