The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I had to look up My Mother the Car to see what it was about...here's what Bing has to say:

My Mother the Car is an American fantasy sitcom which aired for a single season on NBC between September 14, 1965 and April 5, 1966. A total of 30 episodes were produced by United Artists Television.

Critics and adult viewers generally panned the show, often savagely. In 2002, TV Guide proclaimed it to be the second-worst of all time, just behind The Jerry Springer Show.[1] In 2010 The O'Reilly Factorrecorded its viewers as listing it as the worst show of all time. In the context of its time, however, My Mother the Car was an original variation on then-popular "gimmick" shows like Bewitched, My Favorite Martian, The Flying Nun, I Dream of Jeannie, and especially Mister Ed, all of which depended on a fantastic, quirky premise for their comedy. Like these situation comedies of the 1960s, My Mother the Car is remembered fondly by baby boomers who followed the series during its one broadcast season.

LOL, 2nd worst show of all time.

Funny, I remember the other shows mentioned (Bewitched, My Favorite Martian, etc.). Guess MMTC was so bad, anything else going on was a better alternative.

I had to look up My Mother the Car to see what it was about...here's what Bing has to say:

My Mother the Car is an American fantasy sitcom which aired for a single season on NBC between September 14, 1965 and April 5, 1966. A total of 30 episodes were produced by United Artists Television.

Critics and adult viewers generally panned the show, often savagely. In 2002, TV Guide proclaimed it to be the second-worst of all time, just behind The Jerry Springer Show.[1] In 2010 The O'Reilly Factorrecorded its viewers as listing it as the worst show of all time. In the context of its time, however, My Mother the Car was an original variation on then-popular "gimmick" shows like Bewitched, My Favorite Martian, The Flying Nun, I Dream of Jeannie, and especially Mister Ed, all of which depended on a fantastic, quirky premise for their comedy. Like these situation comedies of the 1960s, My Mother the Car is remembered fondly by baby boomers who followed the series during its one broadcast season.

LOL, 2nd worst show of all time.

Funny, I remember the other shows mentioned (Bewitched, My Favorite Martian, etc.). Guess MMTC was so bad, anything else going on was a better alternative.

I liked it better than the other shows listed, except maybe "I dream of Jeannie" which as a 14 year old I found extremely entertaining.
lau.gif

Fridaydays Yet,   My sister used to live in Albuquerque.   Are your summer's much cooler than  that?  I think she had oppressive heat.    Do you have road runners?  I would imagine they would kill chickens , and ruthlessly.
our summers get hot, but due to the dryness and altitude it is always much cooler in the shade. Also, in July and August we get the summer monsoons, which cool things offf in the afternoons. A nicer and shorter summer than SoCal, that's for sure!

We do have road runners, but they are always after lizards and snakes. I don't worry about them getting the chickens. Coyotes and hawks are another matter though, so I don't free range my birds.

Gorgeous pictures! We have a lot of cottonwood around here.....husband does not like them as they are huge and make a mess.
I'll agree with him about the mess! They drop twigs with the leaves making it a pain to use the leaf shredder. They also seem to drop branches randomly. But when it gets hot, we have tons of shady lawn area keeping things cooler. :)

I think the ponytail, hat and braid were all part of a wig.

She was doing pretty well for 78 when this pic was taken a couple of years ago, though in spite of some reports, that's not the actual costume from the 60's.

(And never mind the rest of the costume, I think it was incredibly brave for a woman that age to put those shoes on!)
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom