The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Dusty & Crystal:

Dusty;

Blondie:

Cilla & Crystal:

Dusty, Crystal & Blondie:

LuLu demonstrating our new 'anti-crow' outdoor feeder. The crows have been dragging the feed dishes away and spilling/wasting the food!
rant.gif

I think cochins are beautiful - I never realized all the great colors they can be, till I joined BYC. I especially love the silver penciled ones.

I think cochins are beautiful - I never realized all the great colors they can be, till I joined BYC. I especially love the silver penciled ones.
So you like my rooster?

He's getting old unfortunately, he is 6 this year, and one of his sons has taken the lead position away from him. The girls still follow him though. He's been a good little rooster, helping to raise the chicks, and looking after his girls.

Great to come back and see all the beautiful pictures...chickens and cats both!

Mine are in an insulated pen in the back of our barn. We get pretty cold here in Wisconsin, down to -20's with -40 wind chills occasionally through the winter. They stay inside more than the large breed flock in winter but they get along just fine staying in. No heat and no special treatment, except some warm mash and oatmeal on cold nights.

They also do all my hatching for me. If I could only keep one breed it would be bantam cochins. They come in every color, and come in both smooth and frizzle.

I might have to look into them...I'd have to get the frizzle as they are so cute! I believe you'd have to special order them here as I've never seen them in stores.

Good morning, the sunrise was so beautiful here this morning. Happy Saturday everyone!

Good morning Debby and all! We had a beauty of a sunrise also
1f60a.png
It's cloudier then yesterday but still a high of 54 and light wind. Sounds like we could get a snowstorm the end of the week
1f61d.png

Good morning folks
frow.gif

Thank you for all the kind comments regarding our featheries and furries .. I have passed them on and the general consensus was “we are aware, now feed us!”
wink.png

OHLD Your rooster is very handsome!

whoop whoop love the pictures and the cute little bubbies! I can see the resemblance.

I have no experience with LF Cochins, just the bantam version [Pekins]. Well, I think there is still debate whether or not bantam Cochins and Pekins are the same. Some report that Pekin’s are, in fact, a breed apart and true Pekin’s only come in bantam size. Personally, I do not care .. they look like bantam Cochins to me and if their chickenalities are anything to go by, definitely related. They are by far the sweetest little gals in my flock.

Normal Sunday today, housework and grocery shopping .. maximum today is predicted to be 91.5F with a 95% chance of up to 2 inches of rain in the afternoon storms, possibly severe.

Have fun everyone!
hugs.gif

Teila do you ever have WINTER, what is it like? I'm thinking anything lower than 95 degrees. We are having extremely odd weather, it is 65 degrees and sunny. Which is great outside. Inside is low 60's because it's too warm for heat to go on.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom