The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I'm afraid I mostly go with d) buy no ice cream, so eating it doesn't become an issue. Don't get me wrong, I love ice cream, but I love being able to get over and through the fences, too. . . Kinda necessary, sometimes.

Well, we lost the spraddle-legged chick. I kept hoping, but it never could get on its feet. The one with wry neck, though, is astonishingly better. Yesterday morning, it had its beak pointed skyward and all it could do was flip over. By late yesterday afternoon, it was walking around. Not out of the woods yet, but I'm cautiously optimistic about that one now - which is a whole lot better than I was yesterday morning.

I'm afraid I mostly go with d) buy no ice cream, so eating it doesn't become an issue. Don't get me wrong, I love ice cream, but I love being able to get over and through the fences, too. . . Kinda necessary, sometimes.

Well, we lost the spraddle-legged chick. I kept hoping, but it never could get on its feet. The one with wry neck, though, is astonishingly better. Yesterday morning, it had its beak pointed skyward and all it could do was flip over. By late yesterday afternoon, it was walking around. Not out of the woods yet, but I'm cautiously optimistic about that one now - which is a whole lot better than I was yesterday morning.

Surprising (to me) news on the 2 chicks. I would have thought it would be the other way around. Sorry you lost the little spraddle leg one. But glad to hear the wry neck one is doing better Bunny, keep us posted.

aw sorry about the spraddle legged one. Maybe the wry neck was just from bad position in the egg and now is starting to straighten out.
fl.gif

No ice cream for me, and a cutback is needed on the carbs. Had to wear a suit to the theatrical awards last weekend. The pants and I had a confrontation, but I prevailed - I think.
hide.gif

I frequently have confrontations with my clothes, it has gotten better since I order up a size. Then stuff is loose on me and it seems like I lost weight. Okay my brother refuses to size up because he wants to lose weight. His regular size is so tight on him, looks like his clothes shrunk. He still isn't losing any weight and neither am I. But at least my clothes aren't making deep red impressions on my skin.

Quote: Surprising to me, too. Looking at them, I really thought that one's chances were better.
idunno.gif

aw sorry about the spraddle legged one. Maybe the wry neck was just from bad position in the egg and now is starting to straighten out.
fl.gif

I dunno. I got a drop or two of poly vi sol into it, and a few drops of sugar water (though I was afraid I'd drown the poor thing with its beak up like that). If this is a vitamin/mineral deficiency, that's some of the fastest results I've ever seen. Since it was the last to hatch, and spent a whole day not eating, it's significantly smaller than the others (who have been scarfing starter pretty much since they first managed to stumble into the food dish). At the moment, it's in isolation; I want to see that it is doing a good job of eating, drinking, and pooping before I try to integrate it with its siblings.

Quote: I'm glad you prevailed. It would have been awful if the Princess had had to go without you (even more awful if you had gone without the pants). Recognition by your peers is wonderful (congrats to her, BTW!), but sharing such a moment with your family is sweeter still!

Oh Sour everyone has heard about your sister.  Do you have any great brothers to pass out - I call First Dibs.  Maybe I should ask if Princess has any brothers to distribute.  I figure/hope they would  be able to tolerate anything - so they might be able to stand even me.

I have not heard about his sister. I have seven sisters and 3 brothers...was 4.

Good morning folks
frow.gif

Worked on site yesterday so, as always, playing catch up
wink.png

Had a coffee meeting with my bosses and everything on track for the relocation. They are very much OK with it and even talking of replacing my existing tower with a tablet/dynadock/new monitors etc.

N F C hubby leaves on Monday
sad.png

Fishies have moved to their new home and the ponds are ready to put in the car. The car has new shoes and has been serviced for the trip.

The compost bin was dismantled yesterday .. much to the chookens delight .. bugs as far as their eyes could see and their little bellies could handle
lau.gif

Bunnylady I am so sorry to hear of your loss
sad.png

Blooie Happy Anniversary!

Back
Top Bottom