The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good evening folks
frow.gif

Yes, I am posting in the evening for a change because this literally is the first time I have had a chance to sit in front of the computer!

The weekend was spent cleaning out the shed .. thanks Mr Hoarder Hubby for leaving me with that job! LOL. Had a couple of ads on Gumtree which is the Aussie equivalent of Craiglist and boy oh boy are some of those people early birds! Got rid of a heap of stuff though and made a few dollars. After this move, if I ever mention moving again, please, please, please do come over to Australia and slap me!!

N F C It will probably be a while before the girls and cats fly up as hubby needs to get the coop built. He is making a start tomorrow when the timber is delivered. Yes, life will be very different without hubby, the cats and the girls; another adjustment phase. I am sure I will still hear them in my head and sleep with one ear listening for any noises from the coop
roll.png

Welcome back Banty!

J it is hard to see where one jelly bean ends and another begins!
hu.gif

Beautiful pics TJ!

I see you Bunny and OHLD!
wink.png

Gotta go catch up on the Welcomes now before the list gets out of hand, cook dinner and then collapse!

Hey Diva no, I am cheating .. turn oven on, throw chook [not one of mine, even though Dusty's moult has her looking ready to baste
wink.png
] onto roasting tray, surround with potatoes, open oven door, chuck in chook, close oven door!

Whew, step away for a bit and now I'm behind...someone needs to do a newsletter for me now
tongue.png

DS and I went to the library yesterday and discovered their book sale room. What a deal, no set prices you just pick out as many books as you want and make a donation. My donation may have been a little too generous...they offered to let us look in their back room too, lol. We're going back again later this week to find more good stuff.

DH and I have our 1st employee of the golf course season hired! Very nice mature man for the bartending. He'll work out well I think. And my teenager from last year wants to come back, so that's going to be helpful. Things are shaping up!

Thought you'd like to see my ugly bug Java babies. Look at those 'chicken wings'! I've got to set up a cage for them today as tomorrow they are 10 days old and the perfect age to start hand rearing. Looks like their parents are feeding them plain old seed despite me giving them other options. I was just going to take two babies but now I'm worried that one on its own will get too cold, though surely the parents are still sitting on them enough to keep one warm. I'm not the most decisive person and I like to mull things over, but I'm running out of time!

The whole point of the aviary was to get the birds outside, but now they seem to be coming back inside, though in a good way as it's such a treat to have hand reared birds. As kids we had budgies and lovebirds, none of them hand reared though. I swore I'd never have pet birds as they are so messy, and budgies and lovebirds are noisy. Look at me now! I still wouldn't want anything noisier than my finches and bourkes though.

P.S. I'm never this chatty in 'real life' either. Lots of long, awkward silences is more my style! It's amazing how a few feathered fowl can bring people together.

When do these little naked babies get some feathers?

Whew, step away for a bit and now I'm behind...someone needs to do a newsletter for me now :p

DS and I went to the library yesterday and discovered their book sale room. What a deal, no set prices you just pick out as many books as you want and make a donation. My donation may have been a little too generous...they offered to let us look in their back room too, lol. We're going back again later this week to find more good stuff.

DH and I have our 1st employee of the golf course season hired! Very nice mature man for the bartending. He'll work out well I think. And my teenager from last year wants to come back, so that's going to be helpful. Things are shaping up!

Good news, Debby :thumbsup

Are you using your pizza crust recipe you have posted in the baking thread...I want to try that. I did find a really good one a couple weeks ago so need to write that one down, it's pretty close to yours. I made your cookies just now, I hope the calories don't count as you said cuz I ate 3
1f606.png

Yes, same crust recipe but I had to adjust it a bit due to our higher altitude (about 1 Tab more water and 1/2 Tab more olive oil). We ended up making 2 pizzas, 1 with red sauce and 1 with alfredo. The guys must have enjoyed them, they each ate 4 slices.

I made those cookies too DMC! They are hard to resist.

I wanted to post some pics of my little chicks, but it's taken a while to get some good photos. I seem to be sick was some wretched respiratory thing, but finally just out of bed from a long day of much needed rest.

We have 26 chicks. Honestly, I didn't think they would all arrive alive based on what I had read online. So, we will likely give some away to other 4H kids (our youngest does 4H) we know and whose families have been talking about doing poultry.

Here is a sample of our chicks below (hopefully I have the breeds correct).

Buff Laced Polish, Buff Orpington, Blue Andalusian

White Crested Polish

Silver Laced Wyandotte

Rhode Island Red

Salmon Faverolles

This last little one, the Salmon Faverolles, we have three and they have the worst pasty butts! Other birds are entirely clean but these three have to be cleaned regularly. And, they are really skittish compared to the others. We also have Dominiques and Delawares, but I am unsure which is which at this stage.
They are such cuties
love.gif

The Dominiques should look like the black chick in the first photo and the Delawares should be yellow with black eyeliner?

They are such cuties
love.gif

The Dominiques should look like the black chick in the first photo and the Delawares should be yellow with black eyeliner?
Thanks @sunflour ! I am going to take another look. If those little Black ones are the Dominiques, the I have no idea who my Blue Andalusians are! Well, there is one little one posted below that I am pretty sure is a Blue Andalusian, but there is only one and there were supposed to be two. hmmmm...

Thanks @sunflour ! I am going to take another look. If those little Black ones are the Dominiques, the I have no idea who my Blue Andalusians are! Well, there is one little one posted below that I am pretty sure is a Blue Andalusian, but there is only one and there were supposed to be two. hmmmm...

This is an image from mypetchicken of their Blue Andalusian chicks...

The one you posted does look like these.

This is what the Dominique chicks look like:

Sunflour is right, Delaware chicks are yellow.

Are you totally confused yet?
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom