The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Nov 7, 2015.

1. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    That's a tough one all right. Especially if you are at all attached to him. You don't sound pathetic to me.

Guess I would look at it as who do I want to keep around the most...the rooster or the Polish girls. If he's wearing them out, they're going to get seriously injured. Would an apron on the girls help? If not, then I'd have to go with the girl's side and get rid of him. Maybe someone you know would like to have him?

2. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    where is your breaker box? any room in your garage?

or you could build a special room for it, for those "Ghost" moments with hubby......lol

seriously, if breaker box has an open slot, and is accessible to garage, that is where I'd put it.

3. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Eggsy, something along the lines of what Berts suggests sounds like it would work. And the informal leisure group sounds like fun.

4. Tumbling K

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    can you give the Polish a hair cut so they can see him coming.......please apologize to your rooster for me, helping the ladies be able to get away from him.

words of encouragement:

chicken and dumplings
    chicken noodle soup
    chicken pot pie
    chicken spaghetti

5. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Spring Dreaming Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Thanks, I know what the right thing to do is, and I'm always about girl power, but the guilt, I'm practically a hermit, so I know no one who keeps chickens, except my niece who just started, she has one rooster and three hens, don't think she needs one. One day I hope to be practical, but I'm running out of years for that. You'd think I would be better with having grown up and a farm and being forced to assist in butchering, yuk.

6. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    The girls all have haircuts, he has become good at sneaking, I personally don't eat meat, but my husband and dogs do, I stand around making comments when my husband cooks game, but I happily bake and cut up chicken for my dogs, I'm such a hypocrite.

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Maybe your niece needs some hands-on experience for the day she will probably have to do the deed?

8. Tumbling K

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    oh gal, don't beat yourself up over small stuff.......but that is funny.

wonder if you put him in a dog crate every other day? that would cut his breeding down by half?

I have read on BYC that sometimes young roos are over active.

9. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    We have a greenhouse nursery. Our buildings are plastic coated metal hoops.

The breaker is in the barn, but it would need to be wired from the pole to the breaker for three phase.
    I doubt they will let him do that on his own.

I have never seen 'ghost'. Patrick Swazie was not... he was , I never liked him, I mean, I am sure he was a fine person, but it is like that zombie show guy.
    not my idea of exciting. ...at all, ever. bleck,

10. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Okay you guys are going down the crazy hole if you ask too many questions, The rooster is a 1 1/2, so I've given him time, and I have 4 bantam roosters in my separation pen because I can't do them in, eventually they will be let out than I will see about them, I have two other large rooster who are fine, and I ordered two more for this Spring in my order, as well as taking out a polish rooster last year. Now I'm a bit embarrassed. I have troubles killing roosters, unless they deserve it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by