The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    ya'll stop it!!!

LALALALALALALALALALALA!!!

(fingers in my ears too!)

can't hear you.......

2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Boy, step away for a few minutes and come back to...dampness [​IMG]

Bless you and gesundheit!

1 person likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Eggsy, I know what you mean. I never ran but, did long distance walks - much too slow to qualify for a walking marathon. Once I reached my destination I would tank up on fluids. Really NOT a safe way to do it but, I don't do any far walks anymore. Maybe just 4-5 miles. I also found if I freeze a water bottle over night, it lasts quite a while (in our climate) so only a small amount melts at a time - not enough to trigger pit stops.

4. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    I suppose I can say this here and not have anyone think badly of me, but I would almost welcome a little "empty nest". When we moved out here, there was just me and Ken. We'd wake in the morning and one of us would ask, "You wanna work today, or go off and play?" Then we'd either get at the stuff we wanted to change around here, or we'd throw some sammiches and pop in the cooler and take off, spending the day exploring. In summer we'd go back and get Austin, Jamie and Little Diane and they'd spend a month with us. We kept a camp stove and our tent and stuff permanently in the back end of the pickup, and when we'd head up to the mountains for a little fishing we'd decide then if we were going to come back down or stay up there for a couple of days. That was our life from 1997 until 2001.

Abruptly things changed. First Kenny and Jenny moved out here, and ended up living across the street. A few months later Terrin showed up with Jamie and Little Diane and they lived here in this little trailer with us. A few months after that, Terrin took off and left Jamie and Little Diane with us, leaving a note that simply said, "I'll come back for them when I'm ready." Um, no, you won't. We sought and got custody of the kids. After 3 years, and on the advice of a very much mistaken counselor, we helped Diane's dad take her home and we signed custody over to him. A little girl should have her daddy, right? But Jamie stayed with us. Soon the gift of Katie came, and that's when the "day care open" sign went up on the door. Jamie graduated and went off to boot camp. A year later Ken's dad came to live with us until he passed away. Tam left her husband of 22 years and moved in with 4 year old Evan, finally finding a place of her own 2 blocks down and I was Katie's sitter all day and then had Evan all night until the next morning. Before we knew it Kendra was on her way and Jenny and I went down to Denver for 6 weeks to wait for her to be born and to see how severe her Spina Bifida would be. And we've had Kendra every day almost since then. When the kids take Kendra down to Denver Children's Hospital, I have both Katie and Evan for the week. And of course a couple of years ago when Little Diane was trying to get her life put back together she moved back here and lived with us for a few months.

I love them all but sometimes I miss the "olden days". I was in the grocery store one day and a harried young mother was shopping through her two toddlers' temper tantrums. She blew a stray stand of hair out of her face, smiled at me and said, "But someday they'll grow up and leave home, right?" I just grinned back at her and replied, "I've got news for you, sweetheart - they multiply and come back!" I know that sounds like I'm unhappy, and believe me, I'm not. I just wonder sometimes where I went and who's the woman living in my place. Sometimes at the end of the day I'm so tired I don't know which end is up. Somedays I want to tell them all to figure it out themselves - I quit. But then Katie comes over and visits with me over hot chocolate. Evan stops by and shows me his latest math test grade. Kendra learns a new word or takes a few steps. Tam pops in for coffee. Jenny and Kenny surprise us with hot pizzas when they come to pick up Kendra so I don't have to cook. And Ken grins at me and says, "How does it feel to be the glue that keeps us all going?" Yeah.

1 person likes this.
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Blooie, what a great compliment. You ARE the glue that holds US (Bycers) together also. You are indispensable - [​IMG]

6. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    x2 Gluey Blooie!

And look at that great new badge you're wearing now...looks great on you!

7. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

X3 You are the most fabulous glue in the world!! Both here and for your family!!

Congrats on your new very well deserved award :clap

8. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Holy smokes! I didn't even notice that!! I don't know how that happened but I thank whoever nominated me very much! And you guys shouldn't say such nice things about me - especially since that's how I feel about all of you! What's gonna happen when I mess up and make everybody mad? [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    Blooie, I can't imagine the blunder it would take for you to make everyone upset with you.

on top of that, I can't imagine you ever intentionally doing said blunder.......

10. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Blooie make someone mad? Never gonna happen, that's just not you Blooie!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by