The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Nov 7, 2015.

1. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Spring Dreaming Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    That is a good way to put it.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I always wear a face mask, don't want frostbite - what a difference it makes!

3. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    My nose runs constantly in really cold weather, and my glasses fog up easily, I do wear a scarf which quickly becomes full of breath moisture which freezes, I also get a severely itchy head in a hat, hoods I can do. I think I would have one gross facemask, and would frighten my animals.

4. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Boy y'all have been busy here today.

Congratulations on the new badges, all well deserved. [​IMG]

@drumstick diva Thanks for rejoin information, that's what I thought and told her to try that, and will keep campaigning to get her to rejoin.

@3goodeggs Come on up to GA -I can offer free lessons to help you become more selfish and lean to do things YOU want to do.[​IMG]
    Try to remember those things you loved to do before the daily sacrifices of motherhood and you will be on the way out of the empty nesters club. . And the bladder issue is universal, not really due to past pregnancies - I could prove it, but will keep that to myself.
    Not sure it was your post or on which thread , but did you mention getting into ceramics? If not, just ignore - but I used to have a kiln and it only needed a 220 line not a 3 phase electrical source.

@Blooie Another lovely story. I don't know why but all your family stories give me happy tears. Keep them coming, please.

5. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hmm, did someone mention Moses?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    <sigh> Okay, you know all that stuff I said earlier about being tired, wanting to know where "I" went, wanting to tell them all to do it themselves because I quit? Well, never mind. I lied! [​IMG]

Ken and I took Kendra to Cody this morning to get her braces adjusted. I'm on all of the kids' medical information so I can take any of them when they need to go and the parents can't take them. Anyway, we got in there and Jeremy had us go into the big room. In that room is a set of those parallel bars they use to check gait, fit prosthetics, and such. I got Kendra out of her wheelchair and had her hold on to one of the bars while I took her jacket off. She took off! I dropped my purse and our jackets on the floor and grabbed her braces' waist belt in case she fell. Well, she didn't! She went all the way to the end, turned around and headed back! That time I just stood behind her ready to grab her belt if she looked unsteady. Didn't need to! She walked it two more times!

Jeremy came in, had her sit in a chair, and made the adjustment to her brace. While he did that I grabbed my phone out of my purse. When she did it again, I was ready!

[​IMG]

NOW I REMEMBER WHY I DO THIS STUFF!!! I just forgot for a minute!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    2 people like this.
  7. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Nice on both accounts, Moses and Kendra.

8. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    @Blooie Kendra did great! [​IMG]

9. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    @Blooie so sweet, thanks for sharing.

My grandfather had a stroke around 70 or 75 - family built him a hand rail system in the yard to places he liked to frequent, so he could go there without his wheelchair. This brought back so many memories ....yes, these are happy tears again :)

So, so sweet to hear her say "don't fall". [​IMG]

Is pink Kendra's favorite color?

10. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    What a terrific idea and thing for the family to do...I'm sure your grandfather enjoyed that tremendously!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by