The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Oh, yeah....pig cheeks, mashed taters, milk gravy and corn!

That looks really good.
droolin.gif

Good thing DH is fixing us an early dinner (pasta night).

Gosh, thought only southerners had weird foods like Chitlins and Tripe
sickbyc.gif
, but Pig Cheeks sounds so much better..
The only time I attended a real barbecue - the old timer roasted the pig on an open fire, and the whole head was in the pot to make brunswick stew
sickbyc.gif
. I couldn't eat anything that day.
hide.gif

I would have eaten the stuff on the fire but skipped the stew. Back in KS, a couple I knew used to have a pig roast once a year. They'd dig a big pit, fill it up with wood and burn it down to charcoal, then put the pig on a big spit and let it cook all day. By evening that was some of the best meat ever. Tender, juicy and with a nice smoky flavor. It seemed like it anyway, after we'd all had an afternoon's ration of adult beverages, lol!

I would have eaten the stuff on the fire but skipped the stew. Back in KS, a couple I knew used to have a pig roast once a year. They'd dig a big pit, fill it up with wood and burn it down to charcoal, then put the pig on a big spit and let it cook all day. By evening that was some of the best meat ever. Tender, juicy and with a nice smoky flavor. It seemed like it anyway, after we'd all had an afternoon's ration of adult beverages, lol!

I was a kid then so now adult beverages......could have enjoyed the BBQ - was cooked the way you describe. But all I could see was that pig head in the stew.

We are getting more rain and had a brief thunderstorm awhile ago with pea sized hail. Our area is already so soaked, more flooding to come. How's Florida, wet?

I was a kid then so now adult beverages......could have enjoyed the BBQ - was cooked the way you describe. But all I could see was that pig head in the stew.

We are getting more rain and had a brief thunderstorm awhile ago with pea sized hail. Our area is already so soaked, more flooding to come. How's Florida, wet?

Even being an adult, I don't think I would have enjoyed the pig head stew
sickbyc.gif
And I'm a really cheap date when it comes to adult beverages. One (maybe two) and done.

We've had some rain but not an excessive amount. The wind has been really blowing (which freaks out the chickens) and tomorrow it's supposed to only have a high in the 40's. So, guess there just isn't much room there to complain about our weather.

Yesterday while in town, I came across a good deal on some DVD's and picked up a few. Tonight we're watching "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure"! I know it's an oldie but this will be my first time seeing it, should be good for a few laughs.

Yesterday while in town, I came across a good deal on some DVD's and picked up a few. Tonight we're watching "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure"! I know it's an oldie but this will be my first time seeing it, should be good for a few laughs.

It is hilarious, saw it decades ago.."Eggcelent".

Back
Top Bottom