The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Good morning all! Hope everyone woke up cheerful and chipper. Long night around here, but we're packed so we can head out as soon as we get the call. I'll go ahead and take Kendra this morning as usual and get her 10:00 am cath done. Then if we have to leave and drop her off at Aunt Tammy's I at least have that done.

Got a big surprise last night. Seems grandson Evan's task for Cub Scouts was to select a local hero, make an award, and present it to the hero in a surprise ceremony during this week's scout meeting. He chose me! But we'll be out of town so he knew I wouldn't be able to go. So he came by last night, read me his speech, and presented my award. Just the pick-me-up I needed, I'll tell ya! His speech talked about me getting the funding to restore Cowley's Log Gym, and pushing for handicapped accessibility for the new Splash Park. I had to help him with his speech to tone down the rhetoric a bit - he really waxed poetic about me doing all that single handedly and I gently reminded him that it was the entire town council, not just me, who got the Splash Park built and the Log Gym restoration project funded. So he changed it to reflect the work of the council and that Gramma was on the council that got it done. But he said "I ain't changing the handicapped part, Gramma. I know you pushed that hard so we could take Kendra to the Splash Park with us." Okay, you got me, Evan!

[​IMG]
    "MY HERO" For making Cowley a better place. 2016" It's a homemade snow globe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I love that boy!!

5 people like this.
  2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Blooie, he loves you too. Be safe today.

3. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    He sure does, Sour! He's a good kid! We'll be careful. At least we don't have to cross the mountains. We can go the long way around this time. Looks pretty clear up there today, but that can be deceiving and when you start up there you hit some pretty nasty spots.

4. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    @sourland I see you survived your 52nd anniversary...on to #53!

@Blooie what a great kid! Evan sounds like he's taking after his gramma, I haven't forgotten the gingerbread houses he made and donated. What a nice award. Congratulations! Please be careful driving today, sending prayers along with you & Ken.

5. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Thanks, Debby! We will be careful. It's funny - I have Kendra, but we're all packed, fridge is cleaned out (NOT my favorite job - I know that stuff didn't look like that when it went in!) and I'm sitting here feeling like I should be scurrying around like crazy. But there's nothing to do - we did it all last night. So I'm sitting here, twiddling my thumbs!

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I hate waiting to 'go'. I am a pacer.

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I'm with you guys, if we're going to go then let's go. DH is the one that has a hard time getting out of the house. After several "discussions" about it, I've learned twiddling isn't the worst, lol.

8. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Blooie, what's with refrigerators any way? I thought they were supposed to preserve food, not turn it into yuck in about 24 hours (or maybe it was 124 hours, I dunno). And how does stuff end up in there that I would never want to eat? [​IMG] One of life's mysteries I guess.

9. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    You are too humble, bet you really did it ALL! Congrats on that very special award.

10. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Me too, I am always early for everything.... and hate it when others are late.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by