The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Well, since one of the assistant cub masters is the Mayor I served on the council with, I figured he might not like to hear that I did it all.....(even if I did a whole lot of it!) Still sitting here. I twiddled off my thumbs - gonna make it hard to type! We're still waiting for Robbie to call back - he wants to delay the services so some of his family back in the East could get out and be there to pay their respects and help support him a little bit. By the sounds of it, Sharon had an unbelievable number of people she touched. We offered to go now and help Robbie get through this stuff before the actual services, but he said that his neighbors and his sister have really been fantastic with all the logistics and arrangements. Would that I was blessed enough at the end of my life to leave so much love and so many joyful memories for others.

2. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    That would be a good goal (and a big wish) for all of us.

3. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil True BYC Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    me too!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I usually take roost in the bathroom because I have to be sure I get the last minute pee out of the way before someone yells "Get in the car." Sometimes I'm waiting in their for hours because I like to get places early and no one else does.

5. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Cathing solves that little problem....but that leaves me still with hours to go. Bought my floss for my tote bag the other day - at the rate this trip is going I could be doing that instead of hanging around on BYC. [​IMG]

6. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas

you're kidding mi, right Blooie?

I think you have seriously underestimated your influence and impact on people's lives. but that is as it should be. when doing things for other people, never think of how will they think of me for doing this, but rather with love in your heart, and a genuine desire to help.

without a doubt it's why I'm gonna start calling you Elmer.

7. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Elmer? as in glue?
    I'm a bit slow this morning I guess.
    Scott

8. Tumbling K

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    yes sir, Scott.

Blooie's husband labeled her as the glue that held their family together, several folks have also claimed her as much, for many instances on the board.

9. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Morning, I think. A bit discombobulated time-wise.

Apparently a storm last night knocked out the power. I woke up at 2:30 (per cell phone time) and called the electric company, they found it interesting I was the only one to notice the lack of power. Had to explain to them that most people were still asleep. I don't think they were anxious to send a truck out, probably because their employees were asleep. Waited up until 3:30, went back to bed (once I found it stumbling around the house) and then didn't wake up until about an hour ago. To lights and a hot cup of coffee, yay.

It's amazing how dark it is in the country when there's no electricity at all.

10. Tumbling K

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    pretty awesome, isn't it?!?

we live 1800 feet, off of a dead end county road.

I love knowing, if I hear a vehicle on the road, or the long driveway, I better get up and see who is coming.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by