The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I'm painfully behind here so I'm jumping in to post...lol. I believe there is quite a number of people on this thread who welcome new members. I just wanted to stop in and apologize for the huge mess I made in the introductions. I didn't realize the repercussions until I got done two pages. :oops:

So I managed to get caught up on everything tonight, including the newest introductions which I did last. Hopefully that's straightened things out a bit so everything can go back to the normal flow.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this caused. View attachment 1210646
:pop
What problems did it cause?

Thanks, I think I will! I mean, I already have all the stuff.

And wow if they are litter trained then maybe they wouldn't be so bad! It's the cleaning that's always the worst and most annoying hah still have to do that of course but maybe less often

And thanks, that's a good idea

Awesome!
Daily I check that their water bottle is full and it's working. I dump their sand crock and refill, and do the same with the food. I sometimes do it every other day. Every 3-4 weeks I take out all the bedding and replace with new stuff. They are simple to me. They get a greens mix along with their mixed gerbil diet, a dog snap when I'm treating the dogs, and cardboard tubes. They seem happy to me. They are definitely easier than other pets.

Daily I check that their water bottle is full and it's working. I dump their sand crock and refill, and do the same with the food. I sometimes do it every other day. Every 3-4 weeks I take out all the bedding and replace with new stuff. They are simple to me. They get a greens mix along with their mixed gerbil diet, a dog snap when I'm treating the dogs, and cardboard tubes. They seem happy to me. They are definitely easier than other pets.

Wow they sure sound easy!! Every 3-4 weeks is pretty good! Some pets you have to do like every week or every day hah i think that's part of what appealed to me about the gerbils. I read that they don't pee as much due to being desert animals?

And do they learn the litter thing automatically or do you have to teach them?

Wow they sure sound easy!! Every 3-4 weeks is pretty good! Some pets you have to do like every week or every day hah i think that's part of what appealed to me about the gerbils. I read that they don't pee as much due to being desert animals?

And do they learn the litter thing automatically or do you have to teach them?
I read in my gerbil book if you give them a deep dish with sand in they will use it as a toilet. Keeps the aquarium clean too. I will see them sitting in it. I always think they need a newspaper to look at while they are doing their business.

I read in my gerbil book if you give them a deep dish with sand in they will use it as a toilet. Keeps the aquarium clean too. I will see them sitting in it. I always think they need a newspaper to look at while they are doing their business.

That's awesome! Maybe they're kinda like dogs where they don't like getting their nest/den dirty? I will try that. And LOL that or an interesting magazine.

We don't have gerbils here. They sound like interesting little animals.

I'm absorbing all this goat chat. I'd like a couple of dairy goats one day for milk. I've always loved goats. We don't have many breeds here but I love the Nubian ones for their floppy ears. Can't say the earless ones appeal to me!

It's so hot here - too hot to sleep so we are all a bit tired. The cats have found the coolest spots they can, the dog is flat out!

Our son is desperate to open the present that's for him from his sister under the Christmas tree (thankfully I haven't put them all under there yet). Only 8 sleeps to go!

I was over there this morning - didn't see a train wreck.
I saw a lot of post by Wicked but no problems. If I have not greeted someone, The link is black. When I have greeted someone, the link is grey.

I was very happy to see the posts from Wicked!

Back
Top Bottom