Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Nov 7, 2015.
I thought maybe Sour's training was working.
Good morning, all! Still sitting here. Finally heard from Robbie - services are tentatively set for Monday. Yep, Monday. Winter storm warning for us for the weekend starting Friday. <sigh> It doesn't look like I'll even be going.
We had arrangements made for Kendra with Tam, but that was for this week, and over a couple of weekdays. She works Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 6 pm to 7 am. She can't work that schedule, get off at 7 am Monday morning and take Kendra at 7:30. She says she can, but she'll be so tired that if she sits she's likely to go to sleep right there, and with Kendra at her house that ain't gonna work. Jenny doesn't have to work on Monday, but she has been waiting 2 months for this doctor's appointment to have bi-lateral epidural steroids put into her back. So she'd need someone to drive her to Cody (50 miles), wait for her, then drive her home, and she can't pick up Kendra and carry her for a couple of days. If she misses this appointment who knows when she'll get back in. That means that Kenny would have to take the day off and take her up there. The place he works recently fired two people after catching them stealing on video. So they are horribly short handed and he will honestly be lucky to get that day off. so we're not even sure about that. Normally I'd keep Kendra and Ken would take Jenny to Cody.
We briefly discussed just taking Kendra with us. I cath her, can do her nightly enemas, and know her medication schedule so the medical stuff not a problem. The problem is that a funeral is no place for a little girl in a chair who doesn't understand that she needs to sit quietly for that time. So even if we took her, I'd still be spending the service in the hotel room instead of where I should be. And if the weather is gonna be that iffy, do we want to risk having her with us? So here I sit. I'm not a happy camper at the moment.
sorry to hear that, gal........
is the service at a church?
No, it'll be at the funeral home with a graveside service after that. I would be more likely to take her if it was at a church because they usually have a day care room and there's usually a volunteer who is available for these kinds of things. But there's still the weather to worry about.
Yes dear, sorry dear, you're right dear.
Blooie, check with the funeral home.
many will have a cry room for little ones......
its worth a shot. I can tell, you really want to be there. It would only cost you a phone call right now.
missing out on the service, and then finding out later they had accommodations, would bother you.
Between the weather, job and Kendra concerns, I vote for staying home.
When my cousin's husband died in the winter months (she lives in Laramie, WY), there were several family members and friends that couldn't get there for the service. She had a really nice memorial gathering about 6 months later when the roads were clear and more people were able to go to that than the funeral service. It was a time of remembrance for him and she was so thankful to see everyone. His grave was decorated with flowers people brought then later a lunch (picnic style) in a park he had always enjoyed.
Maybe you all could plan something like that?
Sorry Blooie...nothing is ever easy is it?
I have no idea what to tell you. I hope you get it all figured out. But of the weather is that bad do you really want to take chances.
I'll keep you in my thoughts....Phil
Sometimes we have to listen to fate, IMO, Blooie, you need to stay home, take care of Kendra, don't risk weather or emotional crisis for her. You will feel guilty, but I know that no one will blame you for the decision.