The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

They will be okay in there for a while yet. They would need a 55 gallon, or a pond. Maybe come spring you can find someone with a pond looking for fish if you didn't want to keep them long term.

My older goldfish I've had for, well gonna be 15 years this coming spring, so they can be a long term commitment. My fancy goldfish will live only 6-10 year, but my single tailed will be around for ????? I read 10-30 years and even beyond.
Oh gosh i had some beautiful koi in FL when we moved to TN. I grew them in my fish tank from little ones. The biggest one looked like a submarine! Any way i sold them to a lady, who paid me for them and was supposed to come pick them up. And she waited and waited. I had to leave and i told her my son was not great at looking after animals and she had better come get them. Still she never showed up.
I told my son not to turn the waterfall on for long because tree roots caused it to leak and it needed to be redone. So of course he turned it on and forgot about it. The poor fish were all in the bottom of the pond without enough water and they all died! I was heartbroken! Son had to get in there and remove the dead fish, not a nice task as it was really stinky.

Awww that's sad :(

Ponds scare me cause it seems like SO MUCH work

Maybe not though?
KD, everything is work. I rather enjoyed it except the fact that the trees kept dropping leaves so i had to keep scooping them out. I built a filter system and it did a good job filtering the crud out. I used to spend a lot of time sitting on or in the waterfall, depending on how hot it was. But the plants i put in the water grew like crazy so i had to keep taking out some of them. Very peaceful listening to the waterfall instead of traffic or the neighborhood kids screaming. So if you want to enjoy fish, you have to do the work.

That is what I figured. The problem then is where to put them for the winter. @KDOGG331 would need that really big aquarium inside at which point might as well have them in that so you can look at them year round.
Yeah, I have a 125 gallon tank for mine. I put mine out in spring and bring them back inside in fall. My goldfish in my 75 gallon go into the 125 and I shut down the smaller tank for the summer, and leave the big one going.

Back
Top Bottom