The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

When I was a kid my best friend had a collie named Rex. Rex was our constant companion on all activities from biking and playing sports to hunting and fishing - he just tagged along. All summer long he would hang out by our sides or rest in the shade while we played. Pick up a gun in the autumn and he turned into a bird dog. Coursing in front of us and flushing birds and marking where they fell when we shot them. Put the guns away, and Rex would not even look at a pheasant - smart dog.

Well, my first dog was great at finding fire hydrants- so there!!
lau.gif

Guess I have just not been "introduced" up close, and most I have seen are driving in the country :)

Maybe an old wives tale, but have been told goats keep snakes away?

I've never heard that but if goats act towards snakes the same way they do to peacocks, then I'd have to say that's an old wives tale. Those 2 girls jumped up on their bridge and froze until the intruder was chased out of their area.

@Blooie I don't remember hearing you'd had goats, loved the Cecil story!

I'm not sure that I ever mentioned it before, but that was why Ken is always whining about wanting goats every time we pass some in a field. We didn't live in that place out there very long after retirement, maybe 2 years. I was deliriously happy there finally being close to my family after 26 years of wandering, but I knew he missed his mountains terribly. So when Ken's folks offered this place to us, he jumped on it - and somehow neglected to tell me that we had just bought an old trailer house near the Big Horn Mountains! I was NOT a happy wife. In fact, I promised myself that I was going to hate it and make him so miserable he'd end up selling and taking me back home. I tried to hate it, I really did. But, it'll be 20 years this June, and if something happened to him tomorrow (God forbid!) I'd stay right here. (And I might just get a couple more goats just to make him mad!)

Our big male, One, has a nice set of horns: But even the females have them. This is Prancer, Twink's mother : Here are Twink's horns, just starting to poke out of her fuzzy little head: This is Chappy, Twink's brother. He's on loan so don't have a recent pic of him (see his little horns?).
Your goats are gorgeous, how have you kept it to only four, I have fourteen, at least I think that's the correct number.

Back
Top Bottom