The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Hey Cap dinner looks delicious! :drool

Congrats N F C :clap

Woah, so I just took a look at the ‘Most Likes’ .. congrats to you to Cap! :clap

Awesome to see so many of our regulars at the top of the list! :bow :clap

JaeG your bubbies are adorable! Oh, and so, so tiny :love

Another big day in the garden …. got back from town and refreshed the mulch on the avocados and mandarin tree. After spraying any weeds that had dared to pop their heads in the garden bed along the pathway, topped up the mulch there also and dampened it down to stop it blowing away. Moved on to my ‘still not sure how to beautify it’ garden bed and pulled out a couple of hundred baby palms which sprouted last week when we had all the rain. They are from the fallen seeds which are everywhere and not much I can do about them :rant

As I mowed last weekend, I was not going to do it this weekend but the lawn was looking a bit scraggly and the forecast is for rain again next weekend, so rather than risk not being able to do it next weekend and battle 3 weeks growth the following one, decided that I should edge and mow.

Followed that with the planned staking of the capsicum and chilli plants which are now starting to flower, so hopefully some produce from them soon :fl

Found a couple of green grasshoppers which Blondie was most appreciative of :p :drool

Even though I bought some more Blitz Um, no green ants in the citrus trees so I might be winning that war and they appear to be staying high in the palms :smack

Now, it is Bourbon O’Clock! :celebrate

That’s quite the name:lol:

Feel free to use it!

I commented to hubby that I didn't think she was going to get back on her nest. My hubby (who does not really like the birds) said I should just put them in the incubator! :wee You don't have to tell me twice! (Just don't tell him I've also popped 18 fresh Button eggs in there). They won't all be fertile anyway...

I'm hoping for more mystery babies! :fl Didn't work last time but dreams are free.

Here are a couple of photos from today:

Little mystery is on the far left
View attachment 1241309

Without the flash shows their colours better but it's hard to get them standing still long enough! Mystery is second from the right:
View attachment 1241310

We promise not to say anything to your DH about the possible extras as long as you keep showing us those great photos!

I know quail grow crazy fast. I took a picture of 2 babies in a tablespoon right after they hatched! 6 weeks later they were laying eggs!

Do you think you could find that picture Cap? That would be fun to see!

Another big day in the garden …. got back from town and refreshed the mulch on the avocados and mandarin tree. After spraying any weeds that had dared to pop their heads in the garden bed along the pathway, topped up the mulch there also and dampened it down to stop it blowing away. Moved on to my ‘still not sure how to beautify it’ garden bed and pulled out a couple of hundred baby palms which sprouted last week when we had all the rain. They are from the fallen seeds which are everywhere and not much I can do about them :rant

As I mowed last weekend, I was not going to do it this weekend but the lawn was looking a bit scraggly and the forecast is for rain again next weekend, so rather than risk not being able to do it next weekend and battle 3 weeks growth the following one, decided that I should edge and mow.

Followed that with the planned staking of the capsicum and chilli plants which are now starting to flower, so hopefully some produce from them soon :fl

Found a couple of green grasshoppers which Blondie was most appreciative of :p :drool

Even though I bought some more Blitz Um, no green ants in the citrus trees so I might be winning that war and they appear to be staying high in the palms :smack

Now, it is Bourbon O’Clock! :celebrate

And now I'm tired :lol:

Back
Top Bottom