The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Happy birthday, Jae!!!

As a spa repairman, Ken ran into people who managed to mess up their spas by adding the wrong chemicals. Their spa may have had one or the other, but they ended up basically buying what was on sale whether it was chlorine based or bromine and tossing them in, sometimes with a “more is better” attitude. Ph products made the entire mix even more downright dangerous. In our hot tub, we use all Leisure Time products, every change or addition, every time. Bromine is less harsh than chlorine, but all of them are still chemicals. I hope the pool guys are okay, and sounds like your hubby has been pushing for what is obviously needed - a training program for the field guys. Hope it happens!

Debby, my heart just breaks for those kids and the rough start they are getting in life. If it’s any consolation, maybe thinking about Jamie and Little Diane will help. They saw me press charges against their mom - my daughter - follow through, get through the foster care certification process so we could get foster care of them, then celebrated with us as a family when we were finally awarded full guardianship. Jamie said later that seeing someone go to bat for them so hard made all the difference for them. We just gave them a safe place, love and trust - what they made of their lives they did on their own. They could have let all that they’d been through become an excuse for bad behavior and bad choices.

I’ll say an extra prayer for those babies tonight, that there are open hearts and a home for them to find a safe haven, and that have enough strength within them to use what they’ve endured as a base for growth.

Well said Blooie and I'm sorry for everything you guys had to have gone through with that too. :hugs

And you are right. What you do with it is most important. I mean, you can't change the past and what you've been through but you can change how you react to it/control what happens after.

Started classes today. Went to register but turns out 2 started today so I just went right to them lol. I am exhausted because I woke up around 8 or 815 and I didn't sleep till maybe 2. And we also didn't get back from NH till last night. And we were there 2 nights so all weekend. Then i woke up and didn't eat. So anyway, we got there at like quarter to 9 or 9, waited a bit, met with an advisor and picked classes and all that. Then went and paid. But then one started at 9 so I went to it after i finished registering, 930. That class goes till 10:15, she kept us maybe 5 mins later cause the clock was slow. Met my mom to get my book for the next class and went to the bathroom/chilled for just a few minutes cause it was already like 1025. Next class started at 1030 and goes till 1145 but he let us out at 11:20. Though i hung around on the couch on my phone and got a new sticker for my ID while waiting for my mom. So I am at this point in class 2 or 3 hours plus being awake longer and not having eaten anything yet because I was in a hurry and thought I would have time after I registered. Little did I know I would be thrown straight into classes lol after doing nothing for a month too. Anyway, then we went to the mall to Wayback Burgers, slightly fast foody but better hah we also bought some shirts on sale at American Eagle. I don't normally like shopping ha. THEN. We went back to the book store because we decided to buy some more books for the other classes after all. That didn't take long so mom waited in car. Then finally home. But it doesn't end there. I then went to feed the chickens etc. And cleaned their water bowl. And then around 5 I went to Tractor Supply to get some more food and also got a big pack of suet and 2 DVDs, one movie collection, and one TV show. Then came home after being on phone in car a bit, common habit. I didn't bother unloading it yet though.

Anyway, so basically, very long story short (I have GOT to work on shortening and going into less detail), I was basically awake and running around from like 8 to 6 or 7. But even then I wasn't done cause I meant to sit and watch TV but then I went downstairs a bit to talk, ate some food, went back and forth around the house getting food or water, etc. Etc. Lol so finally sat down at 10 and watched 2 episodes of a show on Netflix. Came up here at midnight to sleep but now it's past 1. Even when i relax i lose track of time and do random other stuff before i do? Oh and I cleaned my car before I left so I would have room for the food so that was tiring too.

I did A LOT today. And I walked a lot. I normally never do this much lol thankfully my class tomorrow isn't until 12 and it's only an hour but it's going to be a long day because I have another class right after that includes a lab and goes until 345. So i will be at school all day. So I better go to sleep.

I am exhausted lol

And see, way too much detail and random tangents as usual sorry

Started classes today. Went to register but turns out 2 started today so I just went right to them lol. I am exhausted because I woke up around 8 or 815 and I didn't sleep till maybe 2. And we also didn't get back from NH till last night. And we were there 2 nights so all weekend. Then i woke up and didn't eat. So anyway, we got there at like quarter to 9 or 9, waited a bit, met with an advisor and picked classes and all that. Then went and paid. But then one started at 9 so I went to it after i finished registering, 930. That class goes till 10:15, she kept us maybe 5 mins later cause the clock was slow. Met my mom to get my book for the next class and went to the bathroom/chilled for just a few minutes cause it was already like 1025. Next class started at 1030 and goes till 1145 but he let us out at 11:20. Though i hung around on the couch on my phone and got a new sticker for my ID while waiting for my mom. So I am at this point in class 2 or 3 hours plus being awake longer and not having eaten anything yet because I was in a hurry and thought I would have time after I registered. Little did I know I would be thrown straight into classes lol after doing nothing for a month too. Anyway, then we went to the mall to Wayback Burgers, slightly fast foody but better hah we also bought some shirts on sale at American Eagle. I don't normally like shopping ha. THEN. We went back to the book store because we decided to buy some more books for the other classes after all. That didn't take long so mom waited in car. Then finally home. But it doesn't end there. I then went to feed the chickens etc. And cleaned their water bowl. And then around 5 I went to Tractor Supply to get some more food and also got a big pack of suet and 2 DVDs, one movie collection, and one TV show. Then came home after being on phone in car a bit, common habit. I didn't bother unloading it yet though.

Anyway, so basically, very long story short (I have GOT to work on shortening and going into less detail), I was basically awake and running around from like 8 to 6 or 7. But even then I wasn't done cause I meant to sit and watch TV but then I went downstairs a bit to talk, ate some food, went back and forth around the house getting food or water, etc. Etc. Lol so finally sat down at 10 and watched 2 episodes of a show on Netflix. Came up here at midnight to sleep but now it's past 1. Even when i relax i lose track of time and do random other stuff before i do? Oh and I cleaned my car before I left so I would have room for the food so that was tiring too.

I did A LOT today. And I walked a lot. I normally never do this much lol thankfully my class tomorrow isn't until 12 and it's only an hour but it's going to be a long day because I have another class right after that includes a lab and goes until 345. So i will be at school all day. So I better go to sleep.

I am exhausted lol

And see, way too much detail and random tangents as usual sorry

Hope you get some sleep and enjoy your classes tomorrow. What are you studying? You'll get into a routine soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom