The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning everyone

Heading to a poultry show today. Planning on making contacts for eggs in a couple of weeks. I'm having a really hard time finding the breeds that I want (chantecler & buckeye). The Canadian heritage association is going to be there, so hopefully they can help steer me in the right direction.
I'm hoping to utilize broodies, but as they're bantams I won't be able to set too many buckeye eggs under them. Has anyone tried to set large eggs under bantams? How many works well? I've got 5. Just waiting for them to go broody.
What incubators have worked well for you guys? I'm a total newbie at this.

Anyhow... does everyone have a long weekend? Plans for the weekend?

Good Morning Everyone :love
2143aa725078ebf277488e9f949aac4b--the-good-old-days-those-were-the-days.jpg

Good morning everyone

Heading to a poultry show today. Planning on making contacts for eggs in a couple of weeks. I'm having a really hard time finding the breeds that I want (chantecler & buckeye). The Canadian heritage association is going to be there, so hopefully they can help steer me in the right direction.
I'm hoping to utilize broodies, but as they're bantams I won't be able to set too many buckeye eggs under them. Has anyone tried to set large eggs under bantams? How many works well? I've got 5. Just waiting for them to go broody.
What incubators have worked well for you guys? I'm a total newbie at this.

Anyhow... does everyone have a long weekend? Plans for the weekend?
Have fun at your poultry show. We are heading off to my sisters...3 hours one way:thhope we don’t run into snow on the way home tomorrow.

Morning everyone :frow

@Michelle Farmer-Brown have fun at the show, I hope you find some breeders to help you out with eggs or chicks. I've never incubated or hatched so can't give you any info on that topic.

@Teila your yard is really shaping up :thumbsup

@sunflour sounds like your chickens (including Debby :D) are going to take to the new coop just fine.

No special plans for me today, other than I'm going to try to finish laundry started yesterday morning. (Phooey laundry, does anyone ever really get done?) DH is wanting some sort of dessert thing, I have to figure out what I can make that does not involve a trip to town.

@DigMyChicks enjoy your time with your sister and safe travels!

Morning everyone :frow

@Michelle Farmer-Brown have fun at the show, I hope you find some breeders to help you out with eggs or chicks. I've never incubated or hatched so can't give you any info on that topic.

@Teila your yard is really shaping up :thumbsup

@sunflour sounds like your chickens (including Debby :D) are going to take to the new coop just fine.

No special plans for me today, other than I'm going to try to finish laundry started yesterday morning. (Phooey laundry, does anyone ever really get done?) DH is wanting some sort of dessert thing, I have to figure out what I can make that does not involve a trip to town.

@DigMyChicks enjoy your time with your sister and safe travels!
Hi Debby! It takes me forever it seems to do laundry. I timed the washer a couple weeks ago. When you start it is says 54 minutes, by the time it’s actually done it’s 1.5 hours...that’s just a regular load. Heavy duty is longer.

Good Morning Y'all :D......The Wellies slept in the "big Coop" last night :woot.

I was really nervous when we dismantled and removed the small coop - only one pullet noticed ( Debby of course ) until sundown....they had to be coached to go into their new home...One did follow my commands to come and go up the ramp all by herself :clap... I had to pick up each of the other 3 to place them inside...but thank goodness no real issues once they mounted the roosts.:bun. So, a peaceful night for all of us.

I like the name Libby, much better than Bertie ;)

Oh my - I had a 30 minute spell of vertigo once, it's miserable. Wishing he just has an ear infection that could be cured, or only a short term viral Labyrinthitis.

Your garden and yard are fabulous, your hard work has paid off.

Had to google the "Platies" - aren't they a little small for the pond? I had visualized larger fish for that. But I'm pond ignorant :)

I hate loud music in restaurants or in stores:duc I grew up with a tv set always on even when no one watched it :he...and prefer quiet or the sounds of nature and of course poultry :D

Interesting, I much prefer 75-80 , but admit that the first cool waves of Sept or Oct are refreshing.

Glad there were no serious issues!

And haha that's true. I suppose the name isn't so bad. There are worse names.

And that must have been annoying! We usually turn it off when we're not watching it and/or leave the room. Unless of course we're coming right back.

I think my brother maybe watched more than i did but lol yes

Good Afternoon Friends :hugs

As I type it is bright sunshine with thunder in the distance but this storm is probably going to miss us:

View attachment 1267511

Hopefully we will get one later. Got the lawns mowed, weeds killed etc but it was HOT out there! :sick

Still some bare patches but definitely getting there!

View attachment 1267512

View attachment 1267513

While we were in town, I popped in to a Farm Store that sells some fish; not many or anything special but I picked up a pair of Platies for the pond and I think the girl is already pregnant :clap
Your place looks great!

How do you go about bringing that up to a doctor?
What happened was the emergency visits for the kidney stones. That got it kicked to a urologist that agreed about the stones likely being caused by the tumor. We had to go to an Endocrine Surgeon to get the diagnosis and finally a contrast scan to find the tumor. We then went to UCSF for the surgery because they are one of the top three in the US that does the surgery.

Back
Top Bottom