The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I love doing the greetings despite some days of hand trouble(arthritis) where it hurts to touch the keys. I tend to eliminate periods, and caps some times, just to limit the movements.

I DO read each & every post. But, by the time I reach the end, I have often forgotten the op's name or any questions they asked (brain isn't real sharp at 70). So I go back to the beginning to read their intro again!

Lots of times I forget to hit "post" and wonder why my response didn't show up. Have to go back and see what the problem is. Yup forget to hit post. Sometimes don't notice till days later . But, I do try the best I can.

People joining should at least get a brief welcome. I was so shy as a young person I was often overlooked or called a snob because I didn't join in activities. In due time they would discover I was just very introverted. Now I think I am too blabby. But, I wouldn't want to hurt someone's feelings by overlooking them.

I love doing the greetings despite some days of hand trouble(arthritis) where it hurts to touch the keys. I tend to eliminate periods, and caps some times, just to limit the movements.

I DO read each & every post. But, by the time I reach the end, I have often forgotten the op's name or any questions they asked (brain isn't real sharp at 70). So I go back to the beginning to read their intro again!

Lots of times I forget to hit "post" and wonder why my response didn't show up. Have to go back and see what the problem is. Yup forget to hit post. Sometimes don't notice till days later . But, I do try the best I can.

People joining should at least get a brief welcome. I was so shy as a young person I was often overlooked or called a snob because I didn't join in activities. In due time they would discover I was just very introverted. Now I think I am too blabby. But, I wouldn't want to hurt someone's feelings by overlooking them.
You do a great job on there!

Good morning everyone

Heading to a poultry show today. Planning on making contacts for eggs in a couple of weeks. I'm having a really hard time finding the breeds that I want (chantecler & buckeye). The Canadian heritage association is going to be there, so hopefully they can help steer me in the right direction.
I'm hoping to utilize broodies, but as they're bantams I won't be able to set too many buckeye eggs under them. Has anyone tried to set large eggs under bantams? How many works well? I've got 5. Just waiting for them to go broody.
What incubators have worked well for you guys? I'm a total newbie at this.

Anyhow... does everyone have a long weekend? Plans for the weekend?

I have no experience with hatching, hope you locate the eggs you want. And I've never attended a poultry show, bet they are fun.

Yeah, I have the weekend off. :bun plus I'm feeling a lot better. I had walking pneumonia and had to lose a week of work, the week before last.. So I've been recovering and making up time with clients.

Do keep taking it easy til you are totally well :hugs. I had pneumonia last year and it was worse than I would have ever imagined.

Small fish are great for mosquito control and the herons mostly leave them alone and kill off the big pond fish like koi and large goldfish. I hate them for that reason. They will spear fish too big to swallow and kill them.

:thumbsup...never thought about mosquito patrolling fish :)

My brother and his girlfriend picked up their new puppy today. They said there were like 75 other people there and they were all crying when they brought their dogs out lol I can see why though. It would be emotional. Especially since a lot of the dogs were shaking and shivering too because they were scared. And/or maybe cold. He said they had like a big semi truck with cages stacked up. I'm sire it had air or something though. And there were like 250 dogs on it. Or maybe 2500. Dad can't remember what he said. But 2500 seems pretty high. But yeah.

View attachment 1267947 View attachment 1267948 View attachment 1267949 View attachment 1267950 View attachment 1267951 View attachment 1267952 View attachment 1267953 View attachment 1267954 View attachment 1267955 View attachment 1267956

Oh, what a lovely puppy :love

I heard my girls carrying on outside so went out to see what was up.

Lookee here...not just 1, not just 2, but 3 beautiful blue eggs!
View attachment 1267985

I guess the winter egg drought is broken and spring must be coming!

:woot:woot:woot:woot:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy.

So glad they are back to work :)

You BETTER be talking about your family DD ;), I am in charge of food here. If I didn't make dinner there would be nothing but "forage the fridge". And there wouldn't be much in there if I didn't do the grocery shopping.

My DH does the grocery shopping and cooking :bow

I've got Button quail eggs pipping - they weren't due until tomorrow but with all the temperature spikes I've been having due to our ridiculous weather I'm not surprised they are keen to get out of the incubator! It's humid as heck here today, and so hot but overcast.

Hope they all pip without needing help this time :fl

Two Crows said that I am up for a greeter badge next cycle. If I get one, I will have all the badges. I would be the fifth person on BYC with all 5--That counts the project manager badge I think

Wow, honestly you do deserve it, so keeping my fingers crossed for ya.

You BETTER be talking about your family DD ;), I am in charge of food here. If I didn't make dinner there would be nothing but "forage the fridge". And there wouldn't be much in there if I didn't do the grocery shopping.

Even 250 is a huge number. Frankly it saddens be they are hauling dogs like cattle. Nice looking pup, seems to like her elephant.

Yeah, it is pretty sad they do it like that. Especially since that must be really scary for them. :(

You would think a rescue would treat them better.

But then again I've often wondered if they don't make at least some profit from it..

But thank you! They love her. They say they are trying my method of not yelling or using a really gruff/nasty voice or anything like that and they took a few of the books. He didn't want the library ones? Didn't to deal with returning them? So that's most of the books lol but he took 3 of the 4 that I bought. He originally only took 2 but then I made him take the third cause glancing through it it seemed like more scientific/detailed and general about understanding dogs rather than just a training book and yeah. But he might take more after they finish those.

But he said she knows sit already.

And apparently loves her bed, which was Gator's (they got him one for their house) and she's sleeping on it.

He also says that she is really small for 12 or 13 weeks, smaller than she looked in the pictures, and that her paws aren't that big, so he doesn't think she's going to get nearly as big as him.

And yes, she does appear to love that elephant. Still carrying it. Lol

IMG950466.jpg

Nice puppy!

Nice Pupppy KD.

Thanks Ron and RJ :)

you folks ever feel a bit overwhelmed after missing a couple days on BYC? I don't think I'll ever get caught up with the new folks I've missed.

I don't greet but I do get behind on threads a lot!

Good Morning Friends :hugs

Thank you all for the kind comments and likes on the garden.

sunflour great news on the Wellies! :clap

The Platies are bigger than the Guppies that are already in the pond. Yeah, the smaller fish are making a change from the gold fish we used to have in Brisbane, but they are less ‘dirty’ too. The ponds are still nice to watch as you see flashes of colour as the little Guppies swim around and being prolific breeders, the pond will always have activity of some description to watch.

I suffer from tinnitus so I like to have the TV on as it helps to distract me from the ringing. Being in the garden does help though because then the mind is focused on other things. Silence is definitely not golden in my life ;)

CF While we did not lose any gold fish to Herons because the girls used to warn me when one was in the garden, they were always a concern. I agree that they are not going to bother trying to pick off Guppies.

Hey Michelle sorry, I have only ever put bantam eggs under my broody bantams and never more than 8. No incubator experience.

MrsMistyReal Yep, I remember!

I hope you have [had] an enjoyable day at your sisters DMC.

My best wishes to your wife Ron.

NickyKnack sorry to hear you have been unwell but happy you are now feeling better.

Diva do not start me on “women have to do everything”! I was just thinking about how pretty much all hubby and FIL did yesterday was sit in front of their computers while I mowed and gardened and today, while I do the housework, clean the bathroom, vacuum, do washing etc, they will sit in front of their computers. Hubby does do stuff around the place, like the catio etc but while I am doing stuff all weekend, every weekend, he just does it when the mood strikes him and FIL even less so.

KD Libby is so cute and adorable!

Congrats on the beautiful eggs N F C :clap

Happy hatching Jae!

rjohns39 Yep, I feel overwhelmed if I miss 1 day; especially the Greets.

So, usual plans for today, finish the housework, washing, grocery shopping but because of the overnight rain I only need to water plants that are under cover, no lawn or outside plants etc. Most of the morning is going to be spent trying not to shout “Either of you ever feel the urge to at least help a bit” while wiping off the sweat due to a 93F predicted maximum! If it was just my ‘mess’ it would be OK but I am not the only one who uses the bathroom and kitchen etc and it is not my dog dropping beach sand everywhere!

Oh and LuLu, Crystal and Dusty are moulting; poor babies … they are currently in a competition to see who can leave more feathers in the coop and run; Crystal is winning but Dusty is winning the ‘Impersonate a Vulture’ competition with no feathers on her head!! :lau

Thanks Teila! They wanted me to visit today but I said she should get settled in first plus had hw. So I think we might go over tomorrow. I still think she really should get settled in for a week or two first or at the very least a a few days but oh well, she is their puppy lol

@Teila do you ever think of going on strike? It will either make them realize how much you really do, or worse case scenario, will give you a ton of stuff to catch up on.

Good idea

Two Crows said that I am up for a greeter badge next cycle. If I get one, I will have all the badges. I would be the fifth person on BYC with all 5--That counts the project manager badge I think

Wow that'd be awesome! Congrats

When I miss days - happens a lot because I seem to need a lot of naps during the day, I am up sometimes to 7 am catching up. I'm a night person by nature anyway.
My father was very strict about not finishing things when I was a youngster. That and he had OCD,& anger management issues,as does my brother to a lessor degree and me to the least obsessive.
My mother suffered from agoraphobia, which we didn't know till I got into therapy. Then I realized it was the reason I spent most of my time in the house, and couldn't wait to get back to my room after school.
Enough about that, therapy helped about a million percent but, didn't start till later in life
so missed a lot of sleepovers, parties, possible dates

Silence is definitely not golden in my life
Same here though by now I can usually ignore the regular tinnitus. Then come the 1 or 2 octave jumps and increased volume spikes. No idea why but they get my attention.

I would be the fifth person on BYC with all 5--That counts the project manager badge I think
What, no badge for "resident encyclopedia"??

But then again I've often wondered if they don't make at least some profit from it..
I'm sure they make plenty of profit or they wouldn't be doing it.

Back
Top Bottom