The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Going back to the tainted dog food posts, I just read this:

"Smucker's announced Feb. 15 that it is voluntarily recalling shipments of Gravy Train, Kibbles ‘N Bits, Ol’ Roy, and Skippy dog food over pentobarbital-related concerns."
...and this...
"After testing 62 samples of wet dog food from over 24 brands for pentobarbital multiple times over several months, just one brand repeatedly tested positive for pentobarbital with sixty percent of samples coming back positive: Gravy Train."

Scary stuff.

That is scary! Where is it coming from (or do I really not want to know)!?

It's 4am here and I got 5 hours of sleep if I'm lucky but it's too hot and sticky to sleep. I bet they are selling a lot of air conditioning units this year!

That cake sounds delicious Ron! Sourdough cake:eek: - what could be better?

I've had one little Button hatch but it's still drying off in the incubator where the humidity is about 87%. Pretty sure that's much lower than out here! :sick

Ron, I failed to make waffle batter last night... So normal waffles today and your coffee cake tomorrow night.
That happens to me too!

I baked the sourdough buckle coffee cake this morning:

IMG_0534.JPG

That is scary! Where is it coming from (or do I really not want to know)!?

It's 4am here and I got 5 hours of sleep if I'm lucky but it's too hot and sticky to sleep. I bet they are selling a lot of air conditioning units this year!

That cake sounds delicious Ron! Sourdough cake:eek: - what could be better?

I've had one little Button hatch but it's still drying off in the incubator where the humidity is about 87%. Pretty sure that's much lower than out here! :sick

The company is based in Ohio but I don't know what plant the tainted food came from.

It's rough when sleep is shorted. I hope you get a break in the weather soon Jae.

Going back to the tainted dog food posts, I just read this:

"Smucker's announced Feb. 15 that it is voluntarily recalling shipments of Gravy Train, Kibbles ‘N Bits, Ol’ Roy, and Skippy dog food over pentobarbital-related concerns."
...and this...
"After testing 62 samples of wet dog food from over 24 brands for pentobarbital multiple times over several months, just one brand repeatedly tested positive for pentobarbital with sixty percent of samples coming back positive: Gravy Train."

Scary stuff.
Why would they put that in animal food? I use Rachel Ray dry for my cats and dogs. Thought about Gravy Train for Hattie just recently but saw how cheap it was so wondered on quality. I’ll stick with current stuff.

Why would they put that in animal food? I use Rachel Ray dry for my cats and dogs. Thought about Gravy Train for Hattie just recently but saw how cheap it was so wondered on quality. I’ll stick with current stuff.
They add it by using animal protein from animals that are killed by injection.

Back
Top Bottom