The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning! Guess vacations are tiring, I haven't got up at my usual 3:30 since we got home.

Today is DH's birthday and he's not happy about it, he's feeling old. I'm hoping his favorite chocolate cake tonight will cheer him up (of course I have to make it first :cool:).

Need more coffee back soon!

Tell DH he's a youngster... And Happy B-Day.

Sorry Cap! I hope they make it :(

These have 2 inch plastic balls inside of them; the plushies are identical, they just have fiber fill inside instead. I sold some at the feed store at Christmas, and was asked if I could come up with a sewn version. . . Still working on that.
View attachment 1298638
Look familiar?
View attachment 1298639

X2

I wonder if you could enter and donate the prize to someone? I know other contests have allowed that.
That is what I was trying to convey!

DH is 55 today.
He's a pup ;) But now he can make use of all those offers to join AARP. DD1 got one when she was 17. So bizarre I actually called them. They, like a lot of other places, buy mailing lists and shotgun the offers. I don't know what list she was on that made them think she was mid fifties, heck she turned 25 a week ago and is still subscribing to Cricket magazine!

our postmistress said that express shipping guarantees go out the window with day old chicks.
Yep. But USPS is the only "bulk" carrier that will ship live animals. DW has gotten tropical fish to ship out.

I think you will enjoy this... My ducks were way out of the pasture today... Up by the processing station. As DW shooed them down the path back to the pasture one hen was setting but easily got up and followed the others. Turns out she was setting on a clutch of Leghorn eggs, I guess 9-5 as she's always ready to go home at night.?????? I'll candle the eggs tomorrow to see what's going on.

He's a pup ;) But now he can make use of all those offers to join AARP. DD1 got one when she was 17. So bizarre I actually called them. They, like a lot of other places, buy mailing lists and shotgun the offers. I don't know what list she was on that made them think she was mid fifties, heck she turned 25 a week ago and is still subscribing to Cricket magazine!

My youngest son got AARP offers when he was just a kid too. I think he must have been on some mailing list that swapped the years of his birth from 1985 to 1958 :lol:

So far DH is surviving his b-day just fine. Of course, tomorrow morning he'll be full of more "my aching body, it's so hard getting old" :lau And I'll be my usual supportive self (and tell him to get over it :gig)

I think you will enjoy this... My ducks were way out of the pasture today... Up by the processing station. As DW shooed them down the path back to the pasture one hen was setting but easily got up and followed the others. Turns out she was setting on a clutch of Leghorn eggs, I guess 9-5 as she's always ready to go home at night.?????? I'll candle the eggs tomorrow to see what's going on.

Cool! Maybe you'll end up with some surprise chicks :jumpy

:gig That is funny! She might not be too happy when they hatch out and they don't subscribe to the 9-5 philosophy!

Back
Top Bottom