The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I'm beginning to get the feeling that you and @Blooie in a bowling alley at the same time could lead to some interesting games (and maybe end up in the slammer) :gig
1166148-d48180f60ab50d3b0e13672523a4578e.jpg

Good afternoon everyone.
Went on an adventure today.
My friends wanted some chickens that we're for sale, but they had to work. So we went to get them.
They wanted 50. We had 3 dog kennels. The poor things were so overcrowded that 15 were trampled to death during the 2 and a half hour drive home. mecry.gif
My question is... how can "cage free" battery hens look like this?
20180414_140052.jpg

Good afternoon everyone.
Went on an adventure today.
My friends wanted some chickens that we're for sale, but they had to work. So we went to get them.
They wanted 50. We had 3 dog kennels. The poor things were so overcrowded that 15 were trampled to death during the 2 and a half hour drive home.View attachment 1339017
View attachment 1339025

Oh, those poor chickens! :hit

Oh, those poor chickens! :hit
Yeah... there's about 6 more that I'm not sure will make it.
2 of the 15 I counted as dead are actually still alive... but they go so trampled that their innards are popping out of their vents. :(
The silly hutterites that we picked them up from thought we could fit them in only 2 cages... 3 obviously wasn't enough.

Oh, I'm sure they're be some of that! And maybe a bit of this View attachment 1339011 and then some of this View attachment 1339009 and then this View attachment 1339010

Just make sure you have some change to call BYC for help (aka: Bail You Chicks).
I'll be happy to chip in for bail but remember, no pictures or it didn't happen. And without pictures, no bail money.

:eek: Those are some messed up chickens. Were they all in a large enclosure but not nearly large enough for the number of hens?? If their general health is good, they should look fine in late fall ... after their annual moult.

As my father said when I thanked him the most recent time a couple of years ago (mind you they got divorced when I was 11, 50 years ago) "It was between your mother and me, not the kids".

If you think they might be playing the "guilt" card or the "belittle the other parent" card, even subconsciously, point it out in a nice way. Just because they have "issues" with each other doesn't mean the kids have those same issues and shouldn't have to decide which parent to side with. You shouldn't be put in a position to even consider such a thing. You can still love both of them equally, want to spend time with both of them, even though they don't want to be with each other.
:hugs
Thank you for the advice. :hugs my dad keeps on throwing dirt on my mom because he's afraid she's going to file for full custody.

But anywho, we don't have to talk about my less than optimal family situation, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining. :lau how are you guys? Who's gotten more chooks this year? :wee

Back
Top Bottom