The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

You know the area, but no. :lol:
I like your avatar!
Ty!

Yup. I used to deliver UPS & FedEx trucks from the manufacturers. Our dispatch office was in Union City. Most of the vehicles were assembled in Wakarusa or Sturgis MI. Spent way too much time in that neck of the woods.
There was this amazing train station buffet restaurant in Ft. Wayne that I loved going to on my way there or back (I actually lived in Springfield Ohio).

Ty!

Yup. I used to deliver UPS & FedEx trucks from the manufacturers. Our dispatch office was in Union City. Most of the vehicles were assembled in Wakarusa or Sturgis MI. Spent way too much time in that neck of the woods.
There was this amazing train station buffet restaurant in Ft. Wayne that I loved going to on my way there or back (I actually lived in Springfield Ohio).
Are you referring to Back 40 Juction? That is in Decatur - not far from Ft. Wayne. I've never been, but my husband has.
I am somewhere between Wakarusa and Sturgis though. :cool: :lol:

Are you referring to Back 40 Juction? That is in Decatur - not far from Ft. Wayne. I've never been, but my husband has.
I am somewhere between Wakarusa and Sturgis though. :cool: :lol:
:lol:
Yay! I'm on the right track.
And yes, that's the restaurant.
Whatever town it is that Carol Lombard was from..

My grandfather personally knew Frank X.Tolbert. To those that don't know, never heard of him, he was an author, competitor, and owner of several chilli restaurants in Dallas, Texas.
I have the original, autograph copy of his recipe book "A Bowl of Red".
I remember my grandfather making chilli by his recipe, yum-yum! Here's a link I found for anyone interested.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=2ahUKEwj3z768-sjcAhUJP6wKHddXDKMQFjACegQIARAB&url=https://whatscookingamerica.net/Soup/TolbertChili.htm&usg=AOvVaw1d8TBdtwpIbhW-4_5VLYgE
Thanks for the Recipe!

When I worked at Subway I smelled like the Italian Herb bread and it wasn’t a good smell. I still hate the smell of Subway and can smell it on people when they’ve been there while bread is baking.
It seems like the bread is always baking there!

Back
Top Bottom