The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Morning all.
My turn to have insomnia.

Discovered one of my hens most likely has EYP. Of course it was right as I was heading to bed last night.

So, you know how your mind runs like crazy when you can't sleep? I had this half asleep mind whirling attempt at trying to figure out measurements of medication etc... of course, since I was half asleep it turned into these weird complex equations.
I hope she gets better!

So... if 1 tbsp = 3 tsp.
If a measurement is 1 tbsp/gallon, 1 cup would equal a little less than 1/4 tsp right?
I don't know why we do these crazy measurements with cups and teaspoons! A scale and using grams is much easier to figure out

Man... my PFM ended right as they did the advertisement changes. I never even noticed ads before I had the PFM, now they're glaring at me!
And why won't it let me turn off the bloody underscore?!
The ads are creeping in on PFM too! We have ads in the header now.

Well my Dad could beat your Dad. :tongue Mom kept a jar of Limburger cheese tightly closed in a jar in the refrigerator. My father would eat Limburger cheese/onion sandwiches when he had such a bad cold that he could not smell the cheese. Ever smell that ? Poop of any sort smells like roses by comparison. We kids used to clear the house when we saw that stuff coming out of the refrigerator.
:lau

My grandfather personally knew Frank X.Tolbert. To those that don't know, never heard of him, he was an author, competitor, and owner of several chilli restaurants in Dallas, Texas.
I have the original, autograph copy of his recipe book "A Bowl of Red".
I remember my grandfather making chilli by his recipe, yum-yum! Here's a link I found for anyone interested.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=2ahUKEwj3z768-sjcAhUJP6wKHddXDKMQFjACegQIARAB&url=https://whatscookingamerica.net/Soup/TolbertChili.htm&usg=AOvVaw1d8TBdtwpIbhW-4_5VLYgE
thank you, gonna try this this coming winter, but not sure what beef kidney suet is, just plain ole suet, yes, my husband loves chilli

Back
Top Bottom